Different Gold Tip Laser II Bolts?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

aerostarp

Different Gold Tip Laser II Bolts?

Post by aerostarp »

I just received a dozen bolt shafts from Keystone Country Store as was recommended by a member here and although I ordered from their catalogue the +/- .003 straightness the wraps on the raw bolt shafts say +/- .005. Did they send me the wrong ones or are they advertized or wrapped incorrectly and would it matter anyway.

Thanks,

Wayne
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

There are two grades of shafts, one for target one for hunting. The target shafts are about 25 grns heavier and are not called Lazer II. Got a set with the first Phoenix I bought. I have not seen them where I shop lately, though.
aerostarp

Post by aerostarp »

I called the company and they told me that the bolts are .003 but legally they have to put .005 on the wraps "in case their might be 1 or 2 in the bunch that fall into that category.)?

Sounds nuts to me. :roll:
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

Send them back and tell them these bolts are not what you ordered. Sounds like 'SECONDS; to me.
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Quite some time back, I posted about Zwickey Grapplers sliding up GT shafts. These were the smaller [by .007" od] ones. The weight diff drove me nuts for quite awhile as I had collected an assortment of them. Called to company, found out there are actually 3 types. The one is about $70 per dozen and are some kinda special target shafts, never saw one, never will, lol. The others which are around $40 a doz had some stiffer spined ones "requested" by xbow mfgrs [?????] but current mfgred are all the thinner wall ones now. I had the gr per inch and diameters wrote down and can't find them, but can re-check diameters if someone needs it. They both shoot about the same for me.
"Eze 18:21"
aerostarp

Post by aerostarp »

I agree with Bstout. I called the company while awaiting a PM from him and they called the warehouse and assured me that that is the correct bolts and that it is purely done for legal reasons.

They shoot great anyway. I'm happy. :D
Stash

Post by Stash »

Was the .003 advertised by the manufacturer or by the seller?

Seems to me that if the seller advertises them at .003 tolerance, they should check each and every single shaft and discard any that are the tiniest bit over .003. That's what "tolerance" means. If there's an occasional .004 or .005, they should advertise that as the tolerance.

If it's the manufacturer, same deal, but they can't be held responsible for what the seller does in their advertising.
aerostarp

Post by aerostarp »

The .003 was advertised on the seller's website and the .005 was on the wrap on the bolt.