Sportsman's Guide (You won't believe this)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sopchoppy

Sportsman's Guide (You won't believe this)

Post by Sopchoppy »

This is along the same lines of what BSS did for $3.50. I buy ALOT of stuff from Sportsman's Guide; the latest was a "Stow N Go" organizer for the bed of my '05 Colorado. Needed the Mid size and ordered same. After much blood, sweat, (no tears), I noticed someone had changed the size on the box from an "L" to an "S" with a black marker. The size in the box was a Large and lacked about 2" fitting my truck. Boxed it up and sent it back. $19 postage! I inform them it's on the way, and get a response they are sending a pre-paid UPS label for the return. I informed them it was already sent and requested they refund my $19. They refused saying I had chose to pay to send it back. I let them know they were losing a customer over $19. They processed the return and shipped out another one. Guess what? The shipping confirmation stated a "Large" was being sent. Their customer service rep apologized and said their shipping dept. must have been confused. I was to refuse delivery and UPS would send it back. Guess what? I wasn't home when it came today. It's on it's way back using their pre-paid UPS label I got from the first one. Another thing, during all this, the price dropped $10. I had to PROVE to them where I saw it for $10 less. I told them it was on THEIR web site. Can you say "Good bye" Sportsman's Guide?
Turtleman

Post by Turtleman »

Boy it sounds like you had a very bad course of events take place. That will suck the fun out of getting a new toy , quick!
Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today!
aerostarp

Post by aerostarp »

I had a similar problem with them a few months back.

I used their prepaid label, proved to them that they had received the broken item (a real piece of junk clay bird thrower - sit down type) and they verified it but would not issue a refund due to continuous delays and "I'll get back to you" BS. Finally after months of fighting they sent me the refund as if they were doing me a favor.

I'll never buy from them again.
wabi

Post by wabi »

The only thing I've bought from them was a tent, and when I got it the quality was a lot less than I expected for the price. After reading your experiences I'll add them to my list of places I do not shop.
wabi
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I stopped ordering from them last year when they shipped me a tripod stand and the box was tore to pieces.. the stand was missing the bolts due to the hole in the box. I had bolts I used, but it was still the fact that I had to go out of my way to get their stand to work. From experience, most of their products have been cheap and things I would never buy again. I'd rather spend a few extra bucks and get good quality. Grante they have some decent things, but mostly its clearance stuff people wont buy. I filed a complaint and never heard a word from them.. even left negative feedback on ebay for them and no reply to fix the issue... all over a 5buck bag of bolts :roll:
aerostarp

Post by aerostarp »

I had the same issue with them when there were parts missing (not included in the undamaged box.) I called and was very explicit as to what was missing and they sent me the wrong parts. Finally gave up and sent the whole thing back and that sad story I related above.

The quality of their stuff I ordered is for the most part junk.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I do not shop with them at all Now i know why :lol: :lol:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

Quit them in '80s when they would keep your money if thing weren't instock.
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
saxman

Post by saxman »

I joind the club when I bought a leupold 100th anniversary knife for a friend who LOVES leupold products,they gave me a good deal so I got one also.
I requested and paid for out initials to be engraved in the knife.
He got his fine but mine had no initials,nice knife though.I sent it back and they sent me another,this time with HIS initials on it,so I sent it back the next one came with the right initials but the wood in the handles was completely different so back it went,I got another one with the same problem so I just gave up.
The knife was made by CRKT.

I have bought a couple other things but not enough for me to join again.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Sportsman's JUNK I've found. Never again. I think it's not only made in Bangladesh but shipped from there. I know 'for a fact' the customer service reps are there.
dougedwards

similar experience

Post by dougedwards »

Yes..........you can find some deals on that site but the customer service dept speaks with forked tongue. Their low price guarantee which is stated in english on the front of their web page says that they will match ANY competitors price as long as the item is in stock and not offered as a clearance item. That is pretty clear isn't it? Well.....when I questioned the customer service dept about an item that was advertised by an internet company they said that they only offer the guarantee as it applies to "nationally well known retailers". What the heck is that?? You mean a big sporting goods store that only operates in one region of the country doesn't qualify? Also......if the company offers any of it's product on ebay....auction or Buy It Now.....they don't qualify either.

Believe me, I called those guys every day until someone called me from Sportsmans Guide and wanted to give me a $20 gift certificate for my trouble. Geeeeesh.........what about honesty in advertising?? Their philosophy was just pay me off to shut me up. Not a good company to deal with in my opinion. They won't see any more of my money no matter what type of deal they advertise.

Doug
but you brethren are not of the flesh but of the spirit if indeed the Spirit of Christ dwells within you.....romans 8
cbruce

Post by cbruce »

I have made couple of purchase from them not long ago. And they over charged me once. I emailed them about the problem, their response is fairly quick, however they think they didn't make a mistake at the first time. Finanlly they admitted their mistake and refound my money. They do make mistakes, but not too bad a company. Another time, they had no problem to refound me when I found their product was on sale after I made an order. I've seen much worse company. So this one is OK. However I will keep an eye on it because of your store.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

I've bought from them 7 or 8 times and never had a problem.

Goods were as advertised..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
cbruce

Post by cbruce »

cbruce wrote:I have made couple of purchase from them not long ago. And they over charged me once. I emailed them about the problem, their response is fairly quick, however they think they didn't make a mistake at the first time. Finanlly they admitted their mistake and refound my money. They do make mistakes, but not too bad a company. Another time, they had no problem to refound me when I found their product was on sale after I made an order. I've seen much worse company. So this one is OK. However I will keep an eye on it because of your store.
Edit to my last post:
I found that all my positive feedbacks are posted on their website, however none of my negative or fairly speaking feedbacks are posted :evil: :evil: From this little point, you just can't trust a company that afraids to accept its weakness and cheats on the customers feedbacks. If they hide all the bads, and show only the goods, what's the fk point to show it? It's a missleading! I don't trust this website anymore.