newbie to the board, suggestions needed

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

njxbow

newbie to the board, suggestions needed

Post by njxbow »

hello all. i'm glad i found this board as it's the best message board for crossbows out there. here in nj, the fish and game council recently approved crossbows for use in all archery seasons starting in 2009 which i'm real happy about considering i had to give up bowhunting 10 years ago due to a bad shoulder. i hope that i won't be too much of a pain to the veterans here but i have about a thousand questions. after doing research for a couple of months, i've settled on an excalibur exomax that i just bought from a dealer in georgia. it is the basic bow without any options. i need suggestions as to sights, arrows, strings, etc. any info on the exomax would greatly be appreciated. also, any info on dealers that stock excalibur accessories is also needed. thanks in advance.
saxman

Post by saxman »

Howdy friend and welcome
Thats a great bow you chose.

You cant go wrong with the Lumi-Zone right stuff package.

It will get you on target and in the woods
I will look through the favorites on my computer and send you some links.

First off get yourself a Boo string and a Groundpounder top quiver mount
IMHO it takes the bow to another level.

Once again welcome and get ready for all the info you can handle
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

I also am a newbe to this forum but not to crossbow hunting. My Exomax came from GA. I got 6 extra bolts with the bow and bought the Right Stuff Package with the Lumizone Scope. The RS pPackage has everything you need to get started except the 150 grain field tips. Ordered these on line.
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
Rich

Post by Rich »

As Sax and Kelly said, the right stuff package will get you everything you need to hit the woods.

Rich
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum :D I shoot the Exomax and it is Great to shoot. I allso Have a Bad shoulder so the first thing i bought was the Crankaroo it is Expensive but it is well worth it to make shooting 30 0r 40 arrows a day. I allso have the Lumizone scope which i just Love. i shoot a Boo string that you can buy from a Gentelman that makes them on this Forum an Outstanding String. I shoot 2219 Aluminum shaft arrows with 125 Grain Broadheads. i shoot fixed blades but i am going to change to mechanicals this year ang give them a try. I shoot the Heavier Aluminum arrows with heavier tip to get more Kinetic Energy [Knock Down Power] I give up some speed but it packs a Wallop. Hope this helps some. I know you will enjoy your Exomax and the Friendly and Knowledgable People on this Forum 8) 8)
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]