Another Question(s)(s)(s)(s)...and many more to come

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

inmysights

Another Question(s)(s)(s)(s)...and many more to come

Post by inmysights »

Hi Everyone
I found a small burr (which I thought was a hardened piece of wax) on the rail approx 1/2 " from the riser. If I run my nail over top, it definitely gets snagged on it. Do I need to be concerned about it and the wear it will
have on the string?. Will the wax help in any way?. Do I need to sand it down or will that just make things worse?. Has anyone dealt with this issue before?. Thanks for any and all of your advise.
P.S As you can see I had to go back to add a few more S's to my heading.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

If it's where the serving contacts the hook I'd definitely smooth it out. Just saw a post on another site where same kind of burr was causing premature serving failure. Very fine emery cloth, wrapped around a small diameter dowel should do the trick.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

It definitely needs to be smoothed down. It doesn't take much to wear the string or the serving a lot.

Call Dan Miller if you have questions about how to sand it down. Dan is also the guy that you would need to talk to about replacing that part if needed.

Dan Miller. . .740-483-2312
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Big John

m

Post by Big John »

The burr is on the rail , not the hooks on the trigger. Probably a burr caused from the coating process. I would try to gently file it off, or sand it with a finger nail emery stick. Try not to file or sand the rail while doing it. Just do it only enough to get it smooth again. Should be okay. :wink:
If you are worried about doing it, talk to Peter (Excal Dude) or Danny M. like sumner said.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]