Enough time?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

Enough time?

Post by raydaughety »

My hunt is only 12 days away. Do you guys think that I have enough time to get a Lumi-zone scope and get used to it before my hunt comes around. Seems like I've heard some horror stories of folks getting used to setting the scope up (speed ring?). Also, anyone seen a good deal on this scope?
Thanks.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

In all honesty Ray if it ain`t broke why fix it at this point before your hunt .Yes the added size of objective is nice for bringing in light but you would be cutting it down to the wire to sight in and all . :)
Normous

Post by Normous »

Might take a few days to ship and 15 minutes to set up with your experience. Go for it!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
fratri

Post by fratri »

I didn't have any experience with it and I got it done....It took a few minutes to figure it out but I did.... Now it seems so easy....just like everything... its easy when you know how....go for it you will do fine... If you have any problems just email and I will walk you through it......no problem....

1. sight in/zero main crosshairs at 20 yds...(just like you would any scope)

2. take a few shots at 40 yds using the 40 yd pin (witch is the 4th line in the scope)

3. turn the speed ring to adjust the image (it zooms you target in or out) until it lines up with POI at 40yds and you are done.... (remember once the main crosshairs are set at 20yds they never get touched again)....

easy as 1,2 and 3......

After your 20yds are sighted you may only be off by a few inches at 40 yds (then using your 40yds sight line...4th line on scope)...fine tune point of impact (POI) by using the speed-ring...and your done...

Hope this helps and it didn't confuse you more ...it is easy...once the scope is in your hands you will understand the post better...
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

the speed ring is no harder to setup than the varizone was;) Its the same scope, just ones lighted :lol:

only took me about 10-15mins also but out of my equniox and the speed ring turned the 350 its still not lining up. My 40 yard pin is dead on for 50 yards LOL
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

crazyfarmer wrote:the speed ring is no harder to setup than the varizone was;) Its the same scope, just ones lighted :lol:

only took me about 10-15mins also but out of my equniox and the speed ring turned the 350 its still not lining up. My 40 yard pin is dead on for 50 yards LOL
That's the kind of problem that I don't want to run into on a hunt of this quality. I think that I'll stick with what I have right now and maybe make the change when I have more down time.

Bstout, the scope that I have on my Exomag is a maxzone. It does ok I guess.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
ashlyngr

Post by ashlyngr »

I'm not sure of what the problem is with the speed ring. I set mine up twice, once for target points and then for my broadheads.
I followed the instructions and the setup went perfectly. Very nice rangefinding trajectory recticle which I found to be very accurate off the bench.

Bruce
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

No problems here. Ray if you are not going to feel confident in your set up then stay with what you have and change latter. Confidence in your gear is 90% of shooting :wink:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

ray, thats with the equinox also.. the exocet and etc shouldnt have any issues with lining up. Just the 20fps faster threw mine off some.. Its shooting a flatter line so you can shoot the center crosshair out to 30 yards dead on, then the next one down is 40, then the next is 50, and the 50 yarder is actaully 60 now

but the the exocet everything should line up perfectly

still, it only took 6 shots to get it dailed in :D I prefer shooting one crosshair from 0-30 8)
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I just went with the model because it wa snew and I wanted a new scope on the new xbow.. If I did it over, sure I would probably have kept my varizone since its the same scope, just lighter and doesnt light up. I doubt most will even use the lighted sights. I always have a bad habit of leaving mine turned on and the next day the batteries dead LOL
Rich

Post by Rich »

I'm with you Bob, I didn't care for the extra weight and bulk.

Rich
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

It's a little clearer, a little larger view, and it's really neat to light up those reticles. However, if I had a scope that was working, then I'd stay with it. There aren't many times during legal hunting hours that I have any trouble at all seeing through my Varizone.

I have the Lumi on my Vixen and the Vari on the Exomax. As far as the weight, bulk . . .I can't really tell any difference when shooting. The difference isn't hardly worth mentioning. Of course, I have the heavy scope on the lite bow, so maybe that's the reason. :)
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I've decided to stick with what I have. I definitely don't need the additional weight with the accu-draw on my bow. But I'm not complaining :wink: .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Be safe up there Ray with the Bad weather comeing, Let us know how you come out. our prayers are with you all!!
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]