negative vs positive comments (and political posts)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

negative vs positive comments (and political posts)

Post by wabi »

Sometimes we are all guilty of letting our emotions override our judgment when posting. I'm as guilty as anyone else, and have made a few negative comments I later wished I had withheld.
The recent flurry of political posts has stirred way to many negative posts, and I feel they detract from our reputation of being "one big happy family" when it comes to internet forums and sharing our knowlege of crossbows.
I hope members will read this and think about how much better a positive comment sounds than a negative one. I would hope we all can attempt to confine those negative thoughts to our own mind rather than publicly bash some person.
It's fine to make a comment that some product doesn't quite perform as advertised, especially if it's use could be hazardous, but negative comments about another human being's character might be better left unsaid.
wabi
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

I'm sorry, Wabi! I guess I shouldn't have called Mike P. a Jezebel and a hussy ... I guess I lost control! :D :wink:

On a serious note:

That's why some forums forbid political discussions. Since ours doesn't, we've got to work hard to keep from "being ugly" ... as it's said in the South. I think the political discussions we've seen have been rowdier than the usual threads, but that's no surprise. Since there are sure to be more such posts as the election nears, and more disagreement as the discussions evolve, we can all determine to state our opinions with civility and consideration for those who disagree.

Personally, the only political statement I've made was about my elephant birthmark ... I suppose the location specified could create negative associations in the minds of delicate readers! :shock: :D :wink:

You're a good man, Wabi! Keep it up. It's the member-moderated nature of this forum that makes it such a success. 8)
Grizz
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

We have the same "out of control" threads on long shots.

The political threads will be long gone once hunting starts . . .however, the "long shots" will be here forever. :P
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

I think anyone who shoots at a live animal more than five yards away is a heartless, careless, bitter person who probably reads their bible while on stand and has a lot of guns at home. :twisted: :wink:
Grizz
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I strongly agree with you Grizz . . .and the same goes for people that shoot more than 5 times at the same, live animal.

What forums really need to outlaw is drinking and typing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
thorman75

Post by thorman75 »

take a look at trapshooters.com forum, gets real hot sometimes
better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

I've drunk six already today. :shock: :D

Love that water. :wink:
Grizz
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

awww, does anyone need a hug

its nice to see that we always put these issues aside when deer season rolls around :D
Big John

c

Post by Big John »

Six eh Grizz? I hope you don't sleep on a Top portion of a bunk bed! :wink: Wouldn't wan't to be the one sleeping underneath if there was an accident. :shock:
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

I promise to never start another thread about 'Long Shots' and to hunt with a Spear and Bowie Knife. :D :lol:
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

My brother hunts with his pocket knife. He hangs from a tree limb over a good path with his knife in his mouth. When a nice buck passes by underneath, he drops off onto the buck and slices it's throat. As the buck bleeds out, he takes it by the horns and steers it into the back of the truck. Then drives home.

Right Boo?

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

Thanks for the tip Summer. Sure would save a long drag with a 350lb buck. :)
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Spitfire
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Kelley . . .I forgot to tell you. According to my brother, you need to be able to hang in the tree for at least three hours before attempting. The knife doesn't really need to be sharp, just have a very sharp point. The buck should be cut just enough to run 300 yards before expiring as to get a good bleeding, so wear a helmet. :wink: :lol:

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

I am old and set in my ways. I didn't wear a helmet from the 60s tru 2000 riding a Harley and the ground is a lot sotfter than hardtop roads. Maybe that is why I am crazy!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Spitfire
kitty kat

Post by kitty kat »

I think that we should all be less crirical of other forum members and sometimes at is had been said we take a comment personally when it should be taken as a joke, We all make oopsies and we all are friends. Read the posting and enjoy them for what they were intended for. If we have too much time on our hands we should give an extra few dollars to the Red Cross for the storms that yous had had and the ones to come. May you all be blessed with safety and being able to help your fellow man. Safe hunting .
Excalibur Exomax and Arctic Cat 400 auto. Life don't get much better than that.