Question about excalibur sales.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rrcrc

Question about excalibur sales.

Post by rrcrc »

Why do all the hunting stores push Horton, 10 point. I went to several hunting store ask for a Excalibur no you don't want that? Buy a _______.
I have shot Horton,10 point, Parker, PSE and Excalibur crossbows.
Excalibur crossbows and customer service are second to none!!!!!
Any Idea's why Excalibur is more recognized?
Bill T

Post by Bill T »

I'll answer that one!
Either the store doesn't have an Excalibur in stock and wants to move whatever they have on the shelf, or else they are unhappy with the fact that in some areas markup tends to be lower on Excalibur bows because consumer demand drives it down, and they want to sell you something they make more money on.
It's a sad reality that pushes a lot of uneducated hunters towards the other guys crossbows, but the good news is that the VERY best ad that Excalibur can get to impact a dealer is when someone walks away without buying because they don't have our products. Profit is why dealers exist, and when they see it walking out the door they are likely to change their tune! It's folks like you who will walk away that eventually will make the difference for us!
rrcrc

Post by rrcrc »

Thanks Bill.
I drove 2 + hours to buy my new Exomax and love it.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

On my last visit to Bass Pro(three weeks ago?), they were sold out of Excalibur. Of course, the salesman were trying to sell off the crap that others had refused to buy. Poor planning by the purchase manager. They had plenty of Excalibur on hand when I was there mid-summer.

Every time I'm in a store and they are sold out of Excalibur, I always ask to see an Exomax and leave when they tell me they're sold out.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Bluefish024

Post by Bluefish024 »

Ok.. Took a boat load of people up to Hamburg Pa Cabela's 2 hour run also.. My buddy bought a Horton Hunter beacause they had a Horton rep shoveling him the sales garb.. Now I had to wait round for 20 minutes for them to put a Phoenix together for me which is now my wifes .. I took one shot with that bow at the store and I was sold for life.. Keep it simple stupid.. I friggin love that term... Now I have an Excocet 200 sitting in my living room haven't been able to shoot it for 2 weeks Because of STS parts missing, no fault of excals...they are on their way,, ummm Had bad rings in a Lumi scope that should be on it's way from Dan Miller.. Oh And just some info if you buy a Excal with a peep scope and wanna put a scope don't forget to buy the scope mount..lol The service I got for my bad scope was cool.. My wife called they sent me to Dan and Bam should be here some time this week.. You know what though 2 bows later I need an EXCAL bumber sticker where can i get one of those I don't wear hats..any 1 wanna trade??????? Paul
Phoenix for Mrs/ Exocet 200 for me
Vari-zone / CompM3 Aimpoint
Boo strings
STS systems
New and improved,,,,kiss of death bolts...
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

like Bill said, most stores just wanna push what they have to get rid of it :roll:

Dont get me wrong, horton is a ok bow, but mostly everyone I see with a xbow here has a horton.. why? Beacause thats all the stores carry so the people just buy whats pushed on them. Everyone thats shot my excal has bought one LOL.. In 2 years, 5 of my friends have gotten excals 8) not alot, but considering this must be horton country here, its a pretty good deal :D
mikej

Post by mikej »

another reason i've noticed is service. with excals a dealer can't make any money on service because you can do anything yourself if you have a problem with the other guys strings limbs etc you need a bow press and have to take it to him to get it serviced and he can make more money off of you
dutchhunter

and

Post by dutchhunter »

and another reason is in some areas there are to many dealers to close to gether . it seems excal will not give out a new dealer packet or start to sell in bulk to new dealers with in a given area if thy figger thy all ready have the market coverd so thy bring in other product it is kind of to bad I figger the pie is big enuogh to share my 2 cents
Guigsy

Post by Guigsy »

All our camp members shoot Excals. We now have a total of 5 (4 Excoets, 1 Exomax) and we're working on the 6th guy.
just a feed boy

Post by just a feed boy »

Every person I have let shoot my excalibur has ended up buying one. I think that is one of the best forms of advertising. I'm proud of how accurate it is,and how simple it is. Simplicity sells, my neighbor who has a horten needs a new string, now he wishes he had an excaliber, I can still here him boasting about his new x bow, how compact it is. Now it might as well be a door stop. (Three years old).
OneShot

Post by OneShot »

I hunt in Michigan where Excaliburs are rare!

My american friends all bought Hortons.

Why ? because they said they were beter - until they shot my exomag.

It is a standing joke when some of them say "Wish you were here when I fell for this one"

Two of the Hortons were out for warranty last year most of the season- shattered limbs on both!

Wonder who will show up with a shiny new Excal this season!

oneshot..............
Last edited by OneShot on Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leave the concrete jungle behind and just go hunting !
Benu

Post by Benu »

Not all stores push the other brands. Here in Ottawa, I went LaBaron's (The Canadian scaled down version of Bass ProShop) and the sales rep there wouldn't show me anything but Excalibur's. When I asked why, he replied because "They are the best."

I later ended up purchasing my Phoenix from Manotick Bait/Fishing & Hunting Supplies, where the owner actually took me out back to show me how to use it and sight it in at 20 yards. Now that is great customer service that is worthy of Excalibur.

Jason
rrcrc

Post by rrcrc »

I think that the deer down here pay the stores to push other crossbow's.
:D
jbuck91

Post by jbuck91 »

I help out at our local archery shop, a fella walked in and wanted too purchace a new cross bow and insisted on a compound style cross bow, I told him Id sell him whatever he likes, I asked him if I could show him something and he replied sure I took him into out repair area or bow work area, and said look at this 13 compound style crossbows for repaires, no excals in there is there, case closed, this guy was dead set on buying a compound type crossbow and walked out with a vortex, and after comming from our shooting range had a smile on his face from ear too ear, and it true there are many stores that will push just what they have, jbuck