Nation of debtors - Political

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DrDan

Nation of debtors - Political

Post by DrDan »

Just heard on TV that the United States is now 930 Trillion in debt. Add to that 300 Billion per year in just interest... And we keep adding 500 billion a year in new debt. 100,000,000 mortgage foreclosures last year. Now we have to bail out Fanny May and Freddy Mack! If they went Chapter 11 50% of the home mortgages in US would be called in immediately.

It looks like we are in bad shape. Really bad....
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

DrDan. . .no doubt we have a lot of debt. I don't think stimilus packages are the answer either.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080910/ap_ ... imulus_two

"Democratic leaders plan to forge ahead with a $50 billion stimulus package in the short time Congress will be in session between now and the election."

We need revenue from places we are currently not getting any . . .dead beats, illegal immigrants, and tax evaders. We need to eliminate a lot of spending. Throwing $$ at the problem isn't a solution. Short term, it works. Long term, it' a recurring nightmare.

I have a real issue with the government giving away money they don't have. $50 billion invested in the right place could create jobs and feed a lot of people for a very long time. It's like teaching a person how to fish . . .don't just give them the fish.

I'm tired of poor people saying that it's OK to over tax the rich, afterall they have more money, they should help. Yes, they do have more money, they earned their money and they should be able to spend it the way they desire. We should set up a hot line for the rich to contribe to the low-life scum and if they call in and contribute on their own, that's wonderful. I've never had a lot of money, but, what I do have was hard to get. I certainly don't want the government telling me how I must spend it. Taxing the crap out of the guys that make over $250,000 per year is just a good way to deter anyone from wanting to make more than $250,000 per year. It would deter people from opening businesses. It takes a lot of work, long hours, and sacrifice to run a business. Few people are willing to make those personal committments . . .the ones that do and succeed, should be allowed to reap the rewards. Afterall, they are providing jobs.

Obama wants to raise the tax on capital gains. My father-n-law got completely out of the market because that potiential raise of tax could cost him a lot of money. I wonder how many other folks are removing their investments for the same reason. It deters investment. It deters saving. Why do without and save if there is little reward?

Anyway . . .spending big time $$ on give-a-way programs is the problem. Jobs and education is where the money needs to be invested. Incentives to create jobs and make investments is the right choice.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

The solution is simple, Sumner:

If you won't earn your food, you won't have your fill.

It's an ancient principle. The Apostle Paul told the Corinthians:

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

There is a place for hand-ups ... and those who cannot contribute because of health or mind should be taken care of ... but those who are capable should always earn their keep ... or go hungry.

A good government would find ways to give all the opportunity to earn their bread. That's part of the problem ... spineless governments that will not shut down their hand-out programs perpetuate the problem.
Grizz
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

Last edited by fuzzy on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
wabi

Post by wabi »

fuzzy wrote:If the feds distributed and controlled alcohol,tobacco,gambling and prostitution, there would be more than enough people who partake in these "activities" that the rest of us would never pay taxes again :lol:
But if they tax those activities at a higher rate I might have to give up food to be able to still enjoy them! :shock: :lol: :lol:
wabi
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

fuzzy . . .you left out recreational drugs. Is there a reason? :twisted:

Alcohol & tobacco are already taxed . . .we could increase the tax, seems to work in Canada. :lol:

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Sumner

If I had your $$$ I'd personally bail out the country as a good will gesture.
Yup if yah don't work yah shouldn't eat. It totally gripes my arse when I have welfare people come in with their pet and they tell me they are disabled and on fixed income. Here I am working on their pet from a wheelchair and they are whinning about their disability. Gheesh!

And that's why I am also griped about those Katrina people. They been sitting there for three years in FEMA trailers and haven't done a damn thing to help themselves. Yet they want the country as a whole to feel for them and give more. Just a bunch of welfare suckups as I see it. If you so dang dumb you build a house in hurricane zone so be it. I don't think government should continue to rebuild for them every five years or less.
Phoenix - Equinox
DrDan
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Too late DrDan . . .another $10 million out to Haiti. U.S. writes checks like they have money in the bank. Haiti, of course, asked for more.

When things are bad, these folks want government/U.S. help and are praying to God for help. When things are good, they don't talk to either.

New polls . . .McCain still 5 points ahead. You better hope your voters get off their cell phones long enough to vote. Maybe they could text in their vote. :lol:

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
mikej

Post by mikej »

you guys are going to climb to the top of the total posts list just with these political posts.

enjoying the read

mike
mikew

Post by mikew »

sumner4991 wrote:You better hope your voters get off their cell phones long enough to vote. Maybe they could text in their vote. :lol:
No matter WHO you support, THAT sentence is funny! :D

....it's also sadly true at the same time. :(

-Mike
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Yup 5000 posts here we come.... I saw a deer tonight but had to get in here and post some more so I let it go. LOL
Phoenix - Equinox
DrDan
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Here yah go Sumner - Proposed tax change...

http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/11/news/ec ... /index.htm
Phoenix - Equinox
DrDan
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Looks like both plans are flawed. Both need to go back to the drawing board and put one together that reduces the debt. I seriously doubt that either can possibly be fully put into place. However, waving an extra $100 per year in some folks face would buy a vote. :lol: Are people really so stupid that they think the government can just keep writing checks without ever running out of money? News flash . . .they are out.

You know where I stand . . .eliminate the IRS.

I'll have to pick a president based on something other than their tax plan. :( Can anyone balance a budget?? Is it really that hard??

Did anyone send us money to clean up after any of our hurricanes? I'll bet our folks along the Gulf coast could use an extra $10 million to clean things up.

More stimilus money?

Every day . . .there's something. :roll:

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

If I could get some of that stimulus money, I'd have me one of them new 50 cal pellet rifles. LOL

What the heck - it's just our nation going down the tubes.... And all the media can focus on is "lipstick"! Where's the issues?

Sumner - I just noticed that we have another item in common. Both from Marietta! Me Ohio You Georgia I only have 50 some days to get you onto the Obama ship! Will it take 5000 posts?

PS Here's one that will fry yah... I just took care of a dental hygenists dog today. Guess where she works? Freaking prison! Gotta take good care of them offenders. Gheesh!
Phoenix - Equinox
DrDan
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

by the looks of this it is the same OLD stuff in Politics, All the B.S. about Change [Ya right] :o and sumner the last time i looked it was a Dead heat in the Polls :wink:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]