Talisman Crossbows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JRS

Post by JRS »

BigBird-VA wrote:A lot of us are waiting for a video of it shooting. So far nothing but excuses. They don't have access to a video camera. They're making the claimed top of the food chain xbow that sells for thousands of dollars and don't have a $100 camcorder or PC to make a 3 min Youtube video?

They had some still pics on AT and the fletch wasn't correct for the rail or far enough from the end for the butt of the arrow to rest in the receiver correctly. Also they had several different arrows in the pics. I asked on that and they had some lame excuse. I get the impression it's some poor mans operation trying to make the big time. That's fine everyone has to start somewhere. Just don't BS me.

Then there is the attitude of those representing it. It got so bad on another xbow forum they said no more Mantis posts - period. Nuff said on that.

I don't think we'll be seeing one in WalMart or any mart anytime soon.
There is a crude video available on YouTube. Looks like it was filmed with a cell phone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL7ssI1qqTQ
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

there are 3 videos on youtube. but if it looks like one, acts like one, and shoots like one, it must be a crossbow. obtw, I am not impressed with its accuracy as my excal shoots 10 times better. It also looks like a case of distruction of Government property (sign).
jay
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
BigBird-VA

Post by BigBird-VA »

There's another 4th video on youtube. When the guys promoting the xbow posted 2 videos on AT someone asked about the limb flex and the design issues it presented. Around 3:18 in the one video you can see a lot of flex in the limbs. There was some concern on life of the limb and how metal could hold up to what appears to be severe flexing and how long before it "blew up" AT deleted the thread.

Then there was the claim it was the "King of xbows". Of course with no real data or other specified info how can it be declared King? And any Mantis posts are also banned on Crossbow Nation. That should tell most what the xbow community thinks about their "King".

The video was taken with a cell phone. You have to wonder about a company that makes it's first release via a cell phone video featuring a couple of dudes without shirts shooting signs, wood and other objects.

The shot in question was filmed sideways. Here it is turned and edited and a little fun poked at them and their claims. Check out the limb flex and see what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9MwlYThj8M