The Whitetail Whackers are on the board.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Shucky darn! Congrats Team mate. fine looking nanny with a great looking Bow for sure. Let a winner lead the way! :D
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I think she would weight somewhere in the 125-140lb range. I didn't realize she was that nice until she was on the ground. Truth be told, I was actually gunning for her more tender side-kick. :wink:

I was on the ground with my 3-legged stool in my hand trying to find a place to squat when I noticed at least two of them behind the endless greenery about 30 yards away. I had just jumped two barely 30 yards from there just 5 minutes earlier. I changed my mind on climbing the mountain and decided to come back to that thicket and have a seat.

While they were having their way with the greenery I had time to dig out my rangefinder and range them as well as the bushes would allow. I'm certain they knew I was there, but I wasn't moving so they continued with life. After a minute or two they started to move across in front of me through an small opening. The smaller one (or were their two?) came across the only decent shooting lane in what seemed like a blink of an eye. The spot there were crossing was about 25 yards away. Finally she stepped across also moving.

She then made the deadly mistake of returning to the shooting lane to really check me over good. She stepped right into the shooting lane and right into my crosshairs. She made a couple steps directly toward me then did the old I see you standing there, double-foot stomp. She then stood there motionless staring me down through the crosshairs. I couldn't believe it. She was taunting me! :x No one shoots a deer facing them head on. :roll:

She fell where she was standing. 8) The Scorpion XP topped Firebolt found the neck exactly where I intended and everything was over in a literal blink of an eye. She never knew what hit her.

I personally do not recommend this shot placement to anyone shooting archery equipment. In this particular situation given the distance and my confidence that I could have hit it in the eye socket if I chose, I felt as comfortable with this shot as any I have ever taken.

She tastes excellent.

DuckHunt
Big John

b

Post by Big John »

Oh Yaaa!! The Deer are coming home now!!
Glad to see something Brown on the board. 8) 8)
Congrat's.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
frisky

Post by frisky »

Congrats on your kill. 15 min season,,,well i hope you have some more tags. I had a short season one year, I went back with the camera and "hunted" with that.
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

congrats, I was wondering when we would get #1 in the contest. thats 25 pts for the whitetail wackers. good job
jay
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
mikej

Post by mikej »

congrats the dog looks like he's happy too
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

well done. Congratulations
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Great story, equally good shooting!

Congrats!
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
tracer

Post by tracer »

Congrats!
Authorized Dealer for SPYPOINT, SPARTAN, BADLANDS GEAR, KLYMIT, FENIX,
whitetailscrossing.com
TNXBow

Post by TNXBow »

Congrats! My season starts 2 weeks from today. Glad to see your success.
8up

Post by 8up »

Congrats 8)
2008 Excalibur Vortex, Lumizone, STS
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Benu

Post by Benu »

Congrats on your deer! Great story too, as a novice I appreciate the fact that you mentioned having the three legged stool. I have one of those little folding stools, but I never thought of taking it out with me still hunting. :D
I will be taking it with me 2 weeks from now when my season opens. Off on a scouting mission today.
Take it easy.

Jason

2008 Phoenix
Varizone Scope