GAS PRICES GONE WIND!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BigUgly

Post by BigUgly »

They tried the accetone myth on myth buster and verdict was busted. It actually lowered the gas milage.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

its still 3.60 here for 87 but I expect 4.00 today more than likely
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

ManX wrote:You are really lucky: this summer in my country without any hurricane or something else gasoline arrived at 1,54€/l. (like 8,34 $/gallone), actually is 7,57$/gallone

:evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:
ManX, we sympathize with you. :cry: We really do.

That said, we hear that a lot from Europeans ... but the fact is that the cost comparison for fuel between most Europeans and Americans isn't statistically, numerically or realistically equivalent. The average driver in the US travels many more miles via personal automobile in any given time period than does the average European (and often has to, for work and other reasons). Our country is vast in geographical comparison to many tiny European countries. Many of our states are bigger than many of your countries. The area of Italy, for instance, is 116,346 square miles. The area of just one of our states, Texas, is 268,820 square miles ... and Texas is just a small part of our total geographical area. Our destinations are far flung. Many of us live in rural areas and have to drive long distances to get anywhere at all.

North Carolina, my home state, is nearly half the size of Italy. I average 25,000 to 30,000 miles a year ... and hardly any of it is "pleasure" driving. I have to drive 65 miles just to get to a town of any significant size ... 85 miles to the nearest "city" sized town. It isn't unusual for me to be required because of my work to travel a circuit of more than 300 miles in a day.

Public transit is not an option for many of us. Our public transit infrastructure does not compare to Europe's. There just isn't any way to favorably compare our average situation to that of most Europeans. Nor do we have access to some of the high-mileage vehicles available in Europe.

It's not an "apples to apples" comparison. It's an "apples to oranges" comparison. :D

Note again that this isn't a criticism of you; we really are sorry that you have to pay so much for fuel. I just don't think we're that "lucky" to pay what we do, considering the situation many of us find ourselves in.

It's hard to feel "lucky" when you're putting $500 or more into gas tanks every month.
Grizz
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

mikej wrote:i filled up last night at 1.19 a litre this morning its 1.40. someone told me today that putting 1 to 1.5 oz's of acetone in your tank will increse gas mileage 6 to 8 mpg with out any damage or wear on your engine. has anybody tried this i'm going to look into it
i seen a show where all the gas mileage myth's were put to rest....the best way to get the best mileage your car or truck can get is keep it well tuned and your driving style....those gas line magnets you just put on your fuel line are just to remove money from your pocket....as well as the tornado that goes in your air intake before your fuel injection or carb to swirl the air for better gas mileage....really nothing you can buy as those add on's you see on tv will work....those bullydog chips for diesels can help a little along with bigger and better exhaust systems..............bob