small game

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mikej

small game

Post by mikej »

does anybody know what a decent small game head is and where to get them? thanks

mike
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

The Bow Shop in Waterloo has them. Large blunt end. Has small "nipples" around the blunt area. The impact kills rather then blade. If hunt furred animal little damage to hide. Not sure the name. Varmint head I would call them.
Exomax
GT II Lazer arrows
125gr expandables
White Tiger 2" Blazer vanes
Chartruese Custom Boo string
Stricknine Expandables
Dabbling with Trad 55#
Mathews Q2 60-70#
Beman arrows
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

i used judo points that have 4 wire fingers that grab grass and tip up your arrow when it digs into the ground..........bob

Turtleman

Post by Turtleman »

I know of a good head by G5 called the S.G.H ( small game head). www.g5outdoors.com . # us 1-866-456-8836. I have shot rabbits with this head and it is awesome. I used a vortex and it flies like a field pt and if you miss it grabs so you don't lose your bolt. Like anything else good they are a little bit more but you won't be sorry with head.
Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today!
Swish

Post by Swish »

Maybe i'm expecting too much, but i had a G5 S.G.H shatter on lose gravel after missing a target - blew off 2 of its blades. I guess if you go with these things make sure there's no possibility of rocks behind your target.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Judo points do work good, especially on rabbits ... you don't lose nearly so many arrows!
Grizz
Swish

Post by Swish »

just a little note - i contacted G5 about the failure and they replaced the head, no questions asked. I love companies that stand behind their products.