Bad promotion of hunters

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

fletch

Bad promotion of hunters

Post by fletch »

I just read this story online and it reallys boggles my mind why anyone would do this. :evil: I do not wish to be called a hunter when there is someone that does moronic things like this. If he is caught he should never be allowed any type of weapon and should spend a lengthy term in jail. The poor boy who owed the dog will forever hate "hunters" I am sure.
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2008 ... 56-cp.html
gruntahunta

Post by gruntahunta »

fletch, for some reason i couldn't access that news article but i feel what your saying, over here in W.A. there are very few hunters but it seems evry second guy wants to go roo shooting, i personaly know to many people who will kill all the animals they can find for fun and say they are a pest! even though our native animals are protected and can not be hunted with out a permit, i have had guyes ask me to take them shooting because ther is nothing left where they shoot and i have even had a "frend" ask where i hunt in a round about way so he and his mates could go there and do what they do and thats not to mentchen the cruel things some people do for a laugh, it makes me sik sometimes.
these days i mostly hunt on my own until my one year old sone is old enough, and then i hope he is into it.
I allways make sure that when i amtalking to some one about what i do and am int that i make it clear that hunters and shooters are two diferent people, in some cases very diferent.
responsible hunters are true conservationists and game managers.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Senseless. Shameful.

Typical media portrayal of "hunters" ... that's about as bad as the incident. :(
Grizz
gruntahunta

Post by gruntahunta »

i just read the article an it is very sad, in my book they are not hunters there a pair of jerks with guns that aren't man enough to use them responsibly, any fool can carry a gun and pull a trigger but more power to the person who upholds righteousness and is strong for the week and that includes all Gods creatures.

Last week over hear on the news there was some footage of some young punk that bashed a kangaroo to death while his mate just giggled while he filmed it, makes me so mad.

but I am a man of faith and i know that what goes around will come around, all in Gods time.

it is very unfortunate there are people out there who bring the good name of those of us who try to do the right thing down.

sorry for the rant.
responsible hunters are true conservationists and game managers.
Benu

Post by Benu »

SICK.
Take it easy.

Jason

2008 Phoenix
Varizone Scope
mikej

Post by mikej »

absolutely sick how someone could do that to a childs dog. my brother was stationed on quadra its a nice place i would have never thought something like this could happen there but i guess in this day and age anything is possible also sad the way the media looks down on us for the behavior of theses people
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

From what I understand, the guy that did it had a history with the family - had a run in with them before, so there were likely some personal issues involved.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
saxman

Post by saxman »

Takes a big man to shoot a boys little dog

All weapon and hunting Prvilages should be taken from these men for life as they are obviously not adult enough to respect them.

I hope the Canadian police take what we call a little southern detour on the way to the jail for a lesson in respect and i am sure they are quite capable of handeling this situation

Makes my blood boil when cowards target the weak an innocent.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

the story made the 6:oo pm. news last nite. the report emphasized the the word HUNTERS that did the shootingas if to put all hunters in the same catagory.these arrnt hunters by any stretch of imagination.
mikej

Post by mikej »

i would put them more towards the category of people that hold up 7/11's then i would hunters
swiftfox

hunters

Post by swiftfox »

watched it on the 6:00p.m. news also. Sounds like the young lad was a cancer patient. Nice to see that the lady who owned the kennel was going to donate another jack russell terrier. Unfortunately as hunters we all get dumped into the the same basket.
Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the Devil says "Oh! crap She's up"