sling mounting on my exocet...........

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bob1961

sling mounting on my exocet...........

Post by bob1961 »

i found this strange that the front sling mount has a metal stud for a quick/detatch sling mount....but the rear just has plastic stock material ear with a hole in it where the sling mounts to....i tried to mount 3 quick/detatch sling mounts and none went in without a fight....if i wanted them to just slide right on it looks as if i will need to use a dremel sanding wheel to take some of the bottom loop away, there for messing up my camo job....or drill the hole a tad bigger to let the sling mount go in easier, but that will weaken the tab IMO and i don't want to do that or mess up the camo finish....it's not thick enough to grind it totaly away and drill a pilot hole and screw a stud into stock....but i have seen pictures of some stocks that had a bulge where my stock is thinner and i can't run a screw stud in....where them stocks had a screw stud....how has anyone else mounted a sling in this case.................bob

vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

i have gotten abit confused about sling swivel stud and hole in stock. the rear hole is threaded and had the studs installed.
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

i'll get some pictures of my stock and the stud i'm talking bout in a few minutes, ok..............bob

vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

there was supposed to be a stud in the stock at the rear and you just connect sling swivel to it. the hole is threaded maybe 10-32 size ?
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

here's a picture of my sling stud and stock....

as ya can see is there is that plastic stock tab i was talking bout....the stock gets real thin inside the outside border to where a drill out hole may happen if i try to drill a pilot hole for the stud.................bob

vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

exocet? looks like vortex stock ! the swivel won't go thru the pre drilled hole ? or you are wanting to put that wood screw stud into your stock?
the stocks you see with stud out bottom with sq. bulge are the regular stocks not the thumb/hand type
Last edited by vixenmaster on Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Excal makes swivels that fit that stock ! i know thats not what you want to hear because of the cost. they also have the sling/swivel ready to install. just looked at their catalog. i wouldn't cut or modify stock for the wood screw stud version
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

it has exocet on the tab on the name plate....

i would like to use the stud, i don't want to take the chance of breaking off that tab.............bob

Last edited by bob1961 on Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

does your stock have a thumb hole/hand grip ? or is it like regular stocks phoenix exocet 200 exomax ? i just went online to look at all the pic's and they show just like my catalog. with stud not tab! something isn't right here!
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

non thumb hole stock....what can i do to get a thumb hole stock if something is wrong and i have the wrong stock by chance, how do i find out too................bob

vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

i think you need to pm marketing dude or Bill T. all the pic's online and in catalog show stud installed stock not tab stock. so this is a new one on me. they run the plant and should know. my 2006 exocet 200 has regular stud no tab
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

Last edited by fuzzy on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

You have the right stock. The thumbhole ones is on Vortex (and Equinox).
Unfortunately not interchangeable with yours.
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

what bout that plastic sling stud smokepole is talking bout...............bob

DMc

Post by DMc »

Bob1961, I just received my Exocet 200 also. It does not have a thumb hole, that is the Vortex. Mine also has the tab for the swivel. And I have tried my rifle sling on it and it slips right in. It looks plenty strong enough.

This is a fantastic bow. Everything is so well thought out; the attention to detail and to design aesthetics are greater than hoped for. With this much thought given to the design, I'm sure the tab will do what it is designed for. If your sling clip won't fit in, possibly try a different brand (?) though the one I used looked identical to yours.

Good luck.

Dave