Can someone explain the antlerless only tags to me?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Can someone explain the antlerless only tags to me?

Post by Pydpiper »

I have read the regs, quizzed other people and I still do not understand something.
Last year my archery tag said "antlered or antlerless deer" this year it just says antlerless. Am I limited to does only now? The regs seem to say the deer license is good for a buck, but the tag says doe only. I could really use some clarification.
Thanks
David
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

I opened my envelopes this am. my deer lseal is good for a buck,I also applied for antlerless ,so it means I can take a buck by any means in ontario, or a antlerless deer in unit 92 bow only,on the same tag but only one deer.my second one is bow only unit 92,antlerless.
korey99

Post by korey99 »

Your extra tags will say "Antlerless ONLY", while your buck tag will simply say "Valid for Antlerless". It's good for BOTH.

Korey
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I see, that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying that for me.. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
dutchhunter

tags

Post by dutchhunter »

the tag that comes with your license is soilid yellow it it good for a buck and validfor antlerless if so stated .the extra tag is half yellow and white is vaiid for anterless only good luck i hope this helps DUTCH
ch312

Post by ch312 »

im from brantford we should get together for a hunt (everything from squirrel to deer for me).

when you get an antlerless tag you may hunt bucks anywhere in ontario and take a doe in the specified WMU on your tag.
chris4570

Re: tags

Post by chris4570 »

dutchhunter wrote:.the extra tag is half yellow and white is vaiid for anterless only good luck i hope this helps DUTCH
I can take either antlered or antlerless with my additional tag. Depends where you applied for your additionals.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Phoenix92

Post by Phoenix92 »

I called the Outdoor card center today and clarified what i am able to harvest this season....I received my additional antlerless / buck tag via the draw. and my initial tag which allows me to hunt a buck anywhere in ontario or antlerless in 64A. The girl on the phone said that my additional tag was only good to harvest a buck or doe in that specific WMU not a permission to harvest a buck anywhere in the province. So that being said if you have an additional tag use it first if you can harvest a buck somewhere else.. Have fun and I'll see you in the trophy room
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Also remember that DEPENDING ON YOUR UNIT if you applied for the shotgun hunt, you'll have to use your main tag if you're successful in that hunt. Your 2nd/extra tag is usually archery only.

It can get confusing as different units have different types of tags for different types of hunts. :?

As Phoenix92 said, your best bet is usually to use your extra tag(s) for archery deer and save your main tags for rifle/shotgun or another archery deer later.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I did not apply for a shotgun hunt, both my tags ate fluorescent green. I got confused when I seen both my tags said "antlerless only".
WMU 91
Boo string