Crankaroo rope breaking.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

aerostarp

Crankaroo rope breaking.

Post by aerostarp »

I use my Excalibur x-bow alot for practice and with my shoulder I bought a new Crankaroo on Ebay recently. I noticed today that the rope is just about to give way right at the eyelet in the spool. I cut it shorter and retied it but the rest of the rope is starting to look a little ratty.

Any suggestions on what can be used to replace it from a hardware store? I hate to pay $20 including shipping to replace it since it doesn't last me long (just a few months.) :cry:

Thanks, Wayne
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

you may find some braided nylon cord make sure its couple hundred lb strength
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Bill T

Post by Bill T »

Call us and we'll send you a new one. 1 800 463 1817. They should last a long time and obviously you have a burr on the edge of the mounting hole if it wore out there. Just take any sharp spots off with a fine bladed sharp knife before you put the new string on or you'll probably have the same issue again.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Way to go, Bill! :D
Grizz
aerostarp

Post by aerostarp »

Thanks Bill : I called them and left them a message explaining the problem and gave them my phone # and mailing address. Hope that works. Wayne
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Bill T, your the man :D . Excellent customer service.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
aerostarp

Post by aerostarp »

Wow - I got a call back from a lady from Excalibur yesterday to tell me they were shipping me out a new rope free today. Wanted to know if everything was ok and hoped I had a good hunting season.

Heck - my Ex-wife never said anything to me like that. :lol:
Cossack

Bill

Post by Cossack »

That, friends, is a person who understands and lives the meaning of "above and beyond" (customer support).

It's a shame that the "extremely dry land area hitter bow" makers don't have a website so I could send them this. THIS is the main reason why I have purchased 3 Excals and none of theirs.
aerostarp

Post by aerostarp »

Incredible Service:

It was just the other day when I notified Excalibur of my breaking Crankaroo string via this forum and today I received a new one in the mail already. They even included a letter reminding me of what to do and wishing me a good hunting season. :shock:

You can't beat that with a stick. Fabulous company with an equally fabulous product.

Thanks to all of you at Excalibur Crossbow. :D

Wayne