It's about to blow us off the map here! :shock:

You still there, Ray? LOL :D :D

How about Turtleman and Pdislow?
Grizz
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

She's blowin a gale down here Grizz. The power has been off and on several times and the pine cones are hitting the roof like bricks :shock: . This is much worse than Tropical Storm Hanna was. I got a call from the school system at lunchtime saying that all county schools were to be dismissed at 1:30 pm due to flooding. You want me to load the generator, lights and gigs into the skiff? I could pick you up about dark and we'll go stick a flounder tonight :lol: :lol: .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
wabi

Post by wabi »

Guess we had our share of wind a couple weekends ago, at least I hope it's over! Now it's more like Bob is describing! Went fishing this evening and the lake was like a sheet of glass, not a ripple except for when a fish was near the surface.
BTW - I did haul in a couple small channel cats, not keepers, but fun still the same! With the warm weather it's hard to get too worked up about deer season opening Saturday. :roll:
wabi
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

i was watching the radar and it looks like a dang hurricane LOL... winds are supposed to gust 45-50 here tomorrow. I know its blowing pretty good up on the coast in Va
pdislow

Post by pdislow »

ray if that wind keeps up you can go giging up around Kinston.
thanks philip
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Whew, we're getting hammered in eastern NC this morning. Grizz is getting worse that us according to radar. How bout it Grizz, you OK up there?[/b]
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Full blown Nor'easter conditions here, Ray! :D

This seems longer in duration and worse than TS Hanna ... to me, anyway.

Whadda you think?
Grizz
BigBird-VA

Post by BigBird-VA »

These things are sometimes worse than hurricanes. We're getting some needed rain and good wind. I could be out hanging stands if it wasn't so bad out.
mikej

Post by mikej »

be safe there guys
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

This is the second time this year that a water spout has been spotted on the Neuse River behind my house this year :shock:. I agree Grizz, this is much worse than Hanna. BTW, is the Alligator River Bridge in your area? A good friend fell asleep at the wheel the other night and hit the guardrail then made a complete 360 and wound up in the oncoming lane. Good thing that nothing was coming in the opposite lane :roll: Anyhow, hang on and keep an ear on that VHF radio :wink: .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

raydaughety wrote: BTW, is the Alligator River Bridge in your area? A good friend fell asleep at the wheel the other night and hit the guardrail then made a complete 360 and wound up in the oncoming lane.
Yep, 'tis.

'Course, our "area" is big, since it's such a rural region!

The Alligator Bridge (the Lindsay C. Warren Bridge, 2.8 miles long) connects Tyrrell (my county) with Dare county.

Not far at all as the crow flies. By road, I'd drive to Columbia, turn right and drive to the bridge. Probably about 28 miles by road. Much less by plane!

As with all of our long bridges, you need to concentrate when crossing it ... as your friend found out. Glad he wasn't hurt!
Grizz
pdislow

Post by pdislow »

grizz are you getting any water backed up on you? i know a guy in pamlico county that has his yard full of water.
thanks philip
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

No ... just puddles.

We're inland from the river, and protected by a dike. :D

When I lived near Pungo Creek in Hyde County, though, my yard was frequently flooded ... especially during Fran, Bertha, TS Dennis and Floyd.
Grizz
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

There is flooding in the downtown New Bern area from the rising water. Many low lying streets are closed due to flooding. Wouldn't be a good day to get the Jon boat out and try fly fishing :wink: . It is supposed to be out of here sometime tomorrow giving me time to get our climbers set up on "white oak ridge" :wink: .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray