STSvsExcalibur

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Strikenmike

STSvsExcalibur

Post by Strikenmike »

HELP...
I am trying to put my new Phoenix together. I have installed a new STS vibration inhibitor. However, I have misplaced the two dissipator pads provided by Excalibur with my bow. I have looked everywhere (except where they are) and can not find them.

Question...Can the bow be shot without the factory pads if the STS is installed?

Please respond ASAP

Thanks,
Mike :(
Tight Lines & Ten Rings
Phoenix. 400 Gr Gold Tip w/100Gr. Muzzy, 2"blazers, brass inserts, 1/2 alum knock insert.
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

i got two sets of pads in the package when i ordered mine from outdoors experience .com....where they there when ya opened your package....you still can shoot it, just take the STS blocks off and shoot it as it came from the factory...........bob

http://www.outdoorsexperience.com/excalibursts.html

Normous

Post by Normous »

You can still shoot it. They are provided only to silence the limbs somewhat.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
wabi

Post by wabi »

Mike,
I'm reading it as you have the STS installed with the bumper pads, but just can't find the pads for the Excalibur dissipater bars (DBs).

Yes, an Excalibur can be shot without the DB pads.
wabi
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

wabi wrote:Mike,
I'm reading it as you have the STS installed with the bumper pads, but just can't find the pads for the Excalibur dissipater bars (DBs).

Yes, an Excalibur can be shot without the DB pads.
i just re-read it and read that too :roll: ....i'm sure someone from excal will reply soon to your need....sorry fer misreading your post and my wrong answer.........bob

hikerman

Post by hikerman »

I read somewhere from excalibur that shooting the bow WITH dissipater bars installed without the pads WILL NOT harm the bow.

If thats whats your asking.
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
Strikenmike

STSvsExcalibur

Post by Strikenmike »

Greetings:

All is well in Illinois. I found the pads for the excalibur dissipator bar. I had put them in the scope box and then put the scope box up for storage.

My only continuing problem is cutting down these STS bolts to fit my Phoenix. You would think a manufacturer would make a product that fit without a lot of grinding and cutting. They don't even mention such a possibility in their instructions. If I had not read information on this forum on how to resolve this defect, I really would be in turmoil tonight. Very unhappy with the quality of design. I just hope they work once I get them to fit.

Thanks for all your help,
Mike
Tight Lines & Ten Rings
Phoenix. 400 Gr Gold Tip w/100Gr. Muzzy, 2"blazers, brass inserts, 1/2 alum knock insert.
ManX

Re: STSvsExcalibur

Post by ManX »

Strikenmike wrote:Greetings:
My only continuing problem is cutting down these STS bolts to fit my Phoenix. You would think a manufacturer would make a product that fit without a lot of grinding and cutting. They don't even mention such a possibility in their instructions. If I had not read information on this forum on how to resolve this defect, I really would be in turmoil tonight. Very unhappy with the quality of design. I just hope they work once I get them to fit.Thanks for all your help,
Mike
I opened this post :
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... hlight=sts
if you look at Boo postreplies you will find a lot of info..
About the pads, do you think that those are different respect the original or no? better as description?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Excalibur-Crossbow- ... m153.l1262
hope to be usefull :wink:
[img]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn235/ManX850/exorealtree-1.jpg[/img] ExomanX, Meopta 3100,[url=http://www.wolfszeit.com/images/WO.Mo.09-li..JPG]Wolfszeit[/url] scope mount, produce in ManX Factory spa: shock absorbers, 48 fff , 2216xx78 27% foc
Boo

Post by Boo »

There is no question you can fire the bow without the Dissapator Pads in place. Just how long were the allen bolts? All of the ones that I put on went through the base and then a few more threads.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
maple

Post by maple »

Strikenmike,

I just got my STS out of the box today, and you are right. The metal bits are too long. Just went to the hardware store and bought a piece of 3/8 inch aluminium (same size says my micrometer) and cut it to fit with a hack saw, about 3/16 shorter. No problem to file or fit.
Boo

Post by Boo »

maple wrote:Strikenmike,

I just got my STS out of the box today, and you are right. The metal bits are too long. Just went to the hardware store and bought a piece of 3/8 inch aluminium (same size says my micrometer) and cut it to fit with a hack saw, about 3/16 shorter. No problem to file or fit.
I think Strikemike is talking about the Dissapator Pads that come with the bow not the ones made by Bucks "N Ducks
Some people just like stepping on rakes