bushnell yardage pro w/ arc

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Phoenix92

bushnell yardage pro w/ arc

Post by Phoenix92 »

Hello I was just inquiring about bushnell range finders with ARC ...gimmick or worth the 300 dollar investment ...if i mark out points at 20 yards from the base of my treestand am i not essentially accomplishing the same thing... if anyone uses one throw me some feedback thanx
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

it is no gimmick,if you are rifle hunting in an area of extreme elevation changes,it would be extemely effective.for archery could be usefull if you hunt from very high treestands.for a 30 yd shot at an extreme angle you have to take yardage off.pratice this and you will see what I mean. at my club there is 1 target at abot 40yds and appprox.40-45 degree drop and you have to shoot it for 30yds wit my bow..I have a plain bushnell range finder and it does the job.just remember if you shoot uphill or downhill you will shoot high.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I love my Yardage Pro. Change to ARC (for archery) not worth the investment. Change in POI at 40 yards when 20' up in a tree or ground level is minimal, since horizontal distance (over which gravity acts to affects trajectory) isn't much different.
ger34

Post by ger34 »

not a gimmic...."PYTHAGOREAN THEOREM" tells us that 16' up a tree...20yds from base of tree to target...gives us actual range of 20.7yds at a downward angle of 26.6 degrees

see this

http://cacciaebalestra.altervista.org/d ... ooting.pdf

gravity pulls straight down.....so if you were shooting 20.7 yds straight across...you would hold your 20yd crosshair high...BUT....since you are shooting downwards at a 26.6 deg angle.....gravity is (using the formulae from the link above)

20.7yds x .90 = 18.63 yds

It don't feel right....but you have to aim low when shootng uphill or downhill
Summit Viper SS
Exocet 200
Gold Tip Laser II
4" vanes
100gr G5 Montecs