Exocet/Varizone Sight in

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ranger66

Exocet/Varizone Sight in

Post by ranger66 »

Well, went out to sight in the xbows today and was sighitng in the exocet/varizone as per the instructions on here. was hitting dead on @20 with the dial set to the far side of 275, moved back to forty and was hitting 2 inches high, so I move the dial up as the instructions said and it stiil was high, so I moved it up some more and the dial is at the far side of 325 and still shooting high. so I moved into 20 again to see how high I was at 20, and I am the same as 40. What now? Turn it a couple clicks to move it down?
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

The speed ring has no affect on the point of impact at 20 yards, the crosshairs will remain the same no matter where you turn that dial to.
Set your 20 yard crosshairs with the horizontal and vertical settings like any other scope, then use the speed dial to tune the scope to your bow/arrow combination at extended ranges like 30-40 and 50.

EDIT*
I just read it all over again, your 20 is good and high at 40, turning the dial still hits high?
-Is it consistently high, I mean, is it always in the same spot or is it coming down but not far enough? Something to check is if your speed ring is working correctly, set the bow down on a surface and spin the speed ring from one extreme to another while looking through it, that ring is actually a zoom ring and you should be able to see the scope "zooming" in on your target. It is not impossible that the scope has an issue, but more than likely user error that can be easily fixed. Check that speed ring and see what happens.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Rich

Post by Rich »

Ranger,

I had the same problem when I first bought my Exocet, I would max out the speed dial at 350 and still be hitting high. Found out the problem was I was using a set "high" scope rings. I was trying to save a few bucks and used an old set I had laying around, switched to the lower Excal rings and dialed it right in. Are you using Excal rings?

Rich
Skarek

Post by Skarek »

I had problems sighting in my Lumi as I thought the screw in the speed ring was to fix it so I kept loosening it before twisting. This effectively disconnected the speed ring from the system and made me make no change to the zoom. When I realized that the screw should not be loosened before changing the speed ring it worked better.
Dumbazz

Post by Dumbazz »

I got a new lumi after problems with a vari last year.

Now, 20 yards dead on, 30 yards fine, 40 yards 6 inches high, and it's consistent.

Sick of messing around with this thing and now I'm just holding 6 inches low if I have to shoot that far.
I come by my name honestly.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Dumbazz wrote:I got a new lumi after problems with a vari last year.

Now, 20 yards dead on, 30 yards fine, 40 yards 6 inches high, and it's consistent.

Sick of messing around with this thing and now I'm just holding 6 inches low if I have to shoot that far.
There is a good chance that will be rectified this year.. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Dumbazz

Post by Dumbazz »

Pitter patter, let's get at er!!!!
I come by my name honestly.