hunting with oxygen tanks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

kitty kat

hunting with oxygen tanks

Post by kitty kat »

Has any one opinion on hunting with oxygen air tanks. I have been blessed with the option of having to hunt this year with oxygen supply. :cry: The tanks are on an demand system and with each breath there is an audible ppssstt. I will be one of the blockers on the controlled hunt. Does any one think the noise will be excessive. Any comments welcome. :)
Excalibur Exomax and Arctic Cat 400 auto. Life don't get much better than that.
Stosh

Post by Stosh »

I would try to muffle it with some foam or maybe a cone or pipe so the sound goes up. Can try now,

Best of luck, Stosh
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I'm not sure what to tell you other than I admire you for not letting your health issue slow you down. Perhaps being a noise that the deer has never heard, he'll come in to check it out....wack em :wink:

Good luck!!!!
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Grizzly Adam

Re: hunting with oxygen tanks

Post by Grizzly Adam »

kitty kat wrote:Does any one think the noise will be excessive.
I wouldn't worry about it, especially since you're going to be a blocker in a drive. As has been suggested, if there's some way you can mute it without compromising the efficiency of your unit, then go ahead and make it as quiet as you can ... but I wouldn't think twice about going.

With an attitude that overcomes the obstacles, you've already won the victory! :D :D

Way to go! :D
Grizz
Vladymere

O2

Post by Vladymere »

How about for the hunt going to a constant delivery system and then changing back to the on demand system after the hunt? There should be no noise from that kind of system. Ask your doctor about this.

Vlad
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

Noticed this year, I'm not in as good shape as normal. I have in the past Reffed soccer and had plenty of excercise, but with work being so busy I couldn't and now paying for it. I have asthma from years of allergies since age 7. Now 45. i need to walk more and bike. body is tired after work but I need to do it. Good luck on Wed. :D
Exomax
GT II Lazer arrows
125gr expandables
White Tiger 2" Blazer vanes
Chartruese Custom Boo string
Stricknine Expandables
Dabbling with Trad 55#
Mathews Q2 60-70#
Beman arrows
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

Id say if the location allows it. Hunt in a area with a lot of background noise. Like by a highway, a pump house something that make a lot of noise that will not bother the deer. This would be the approach id take put in your situation. Whatever you do don't let it slow you down!