very disappointed

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dutchhunter

very disappointed

Post by dutchhunter »

well i tried the b heads that came with my bow the x-act and some eastman silver strike .was not happy thy did not open on bag target .So i put a heavy cardboard sheet in front of the bag and thy did not open .thy seem way to stiff and just punched a hole with out opening blades .i am glad i have some rageheads and some punch cutters thy have to open and did just that on the cardboard in front of the bag nice even cuts from both blades not just a hole punched thru . these x acts cost me 39.95$ for three in a pack with a littel plactic wrentch .two packets of the eastman ilver strike 25.95 $ poorly spent o well live and learn DUTCH
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

gotta love rage :D
Phoenix92

Post by Phoenix92 »

Dutch are you using carbon or aluminum bolts...I just changed from the easton firebolts to the 2216's and the impact from the aluminums deployed the xact broadheads much better it pretty much has destroyed my redhead foam target...

Shooting at 20 - 30 yards also makesure that you use that plastic wrench to fasten the broadhead onto the bolt...

Goodluck and happy hunting I know its crunchtime and final tweaking is important and stressful at the same time
dutchhunter

broad heads

Post by dutchhunter »

i am shooting the carbon fire bolts at 20 yards the heads just punched a hole thru the card board in to the bag no blade marks at all .it seems thy are way to stiff to open .for now i will stay with what works rage and punch cutters DUTCH
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Dutchhunter,

The new X-ACT broadheads have a locking system built in so that they will not open when used with a crossbows violent acceleration. The heads will not open through cardboard or a bag target, there is not enough resistance. I will gaurantee you they will open when they hit a deer, we have tested these for over 2 years and have not had a failure yet. We would not stick our name on it if it did'nt work. Plus, I'm using the same broadhead this year if they did'nt work I would not use them. If you have any problems please call me directly.

800-463-1817

Peter