Disapointment & confusion sets in

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

saxman

Post by saxman »

Thanks Mike
And everyone.
I just got my Mayo schedule for the month and the hits just keep on coming.
I have a Colonoscopy scheduled and an endoscopy.
OH GOODY
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
fuel80guy

Post by fuel80guy »

We cant always please our folks,,,rather they have to accept us and the many odd things we do compared to them.
As for your shoulder surgery,,, hang tough.
I had shoulder surgery 2 years ago, i had a full thickness tear and was sure my compound days were over but 2 years later and im shooting my new truth2.
Good Luck.
aerostarp

Post by aerostarp »

Why don't you replace your dad instead of your shoulder? :lol:

Just kidding.

I have the same issue with my left shoulder. Forced me to give up my compound for the crossbow. Have bone on bone, capsular impingement and nerve compression. Hurts quite a bit. Had 2 steroid injections into the joint and seems to help a bit along with the advil. I need to set up an appointment for a Total Shoulder Replacement but I am going to wait until after the hunting season.

Good luck with it.
maple

Post by maple »

Scott,

I think your dad was just having a bad day and he had to take it out on someone. Often we hurt the ones closest to us. We all have days like that.
Maybe he got some bad news.

Colonoscopies are good. Endoscopies are good. Takes a lot of guesswork out of things. Your shoulder? Heck, I could sure use a new shoulder.

You'll be fine coming out the other end of this (colonoscopy joke).

Maple
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Ah don't worry about the doe issue. That's all I shoot cuz they taste better. Thank god you shoot crossbow - shoulder surgery could be bad if you shoot longbow. Good luck

PS My girlfriend socked me in the shoulder yesterday and now it hurts - does that qualify for any sympathy? Damn she is mean!
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Sax, you climbed bigger hills than this one. My dad told me my whole life I'd never amount to a pinch of sh** or a hill of beans. How the hell did I know he was a prophet? lol. Eat the doe, get your shoulder fixed [off season] be happy. I had a colonoscopy, no big deal. Bout the size of a dime, lol.

I'm tryin to cheer you up here, laugh, dang it!
"Eze 18:21"
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

saxman wrote:Thanks Mike
And everyone.
OH GOODY
I hope yours turns out as good as mine did. Remember I am pulling for you Sax.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

Sax,
My dad is exactly like yours. He hates the thought of someone killing a doe. He used to dog hunt the property I now live and hunt on. Back when he hunted here there weren’t that many deer on this property, and the thought of killing the nannys was unheard of. I saw him get into a fist fight 20 years ago over someone killing a legal doe near here. There is no way to changing that kind of belief! I personally have never taken a doe here as their population is low here due to poaching and high bag limits around here. I have now built the herd up over 20 years to where taking a few does wont hurt anything. I still have way more bucks than does, but I am culling them as I see them. OBTW, I ordered my seed from Biologic today. It should be here next week. I got a mixture of "Outfitters Blend, Green Patch, and Full Draw. If I get it in the ground next week it should be fine through turkey season. I couldn’t believe how well it did last year! Anyway, just do what I do and don’t let your dad know about the doe harvests.
Can you put off your surgery till after deer season? I have the same problem with mine that I need to take care of. Let me know what you think

Jay
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

That's why I avoid doctors . . .they give out too much bad news! :lol: I avoid hospitals too, people die there. :shock:

Scott . . .you know how to eat an elephant, eh? One bite at a time. Just focus on one thing at a time, you will be fine.

You should go to Virginia with me. Virginians love people that shoot does. However, I just found out that the doctors have decided my Dad can have stents and they scheduled the surgery for Thursday, next week. So, I'll be at the hospital instead of in the woods on Thursday and Friday. They say he has a 90% chance of the stents taking care of the problem, I like the odds. Sure beats the open heart surgery option . . .however, there is about a 5% chance complications can force them into open heart surgery on Thursday. I still like the odds, Dad is a tough, retired Army Sargent. He could have put this off, but, as soon as the doctors said go, he got going.

One bite at a time buddy, one bite.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
saxman

Post by saxman »

flbuckmaster wrote:Sax,
My dad is exactly like yours. He hates the thought of someone killing a doe. He used to dog hunt the property I now live and hunt on. Back when he hunted here there weren’t that many deer on this property, and the thought of killing the nannys was unheard of. I saw him get into a fist fight 20 years ago over someone killing a legal doe near here. There is no way to changing that kind of belief! I personally have never taken a doe here as their population is low here due to poaching and high bag limits around here. I have now built the herd up over 20 years to where taking a few does wont hurt anything. I still have way more bucks than does, but I am culling them as I see them. OBTW, I ordered my seed from Biologic today. It should be here next week. I got a mixture of "Outfitters Blend, Green Patch, and Full Draw. If I get it in the ground next week it should be fine through turkey season. I couldn’t believe how well it did last year! Anyway, just do what I do and don’t let your dad know about the doe harvests.
Can you put off your surgery till after deer season? I have the same problem with mine that I need to take care of. Let me know what you think

Jay
I already told the doctors that they wont touch me untill Mrach of next year if then.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
BLESSEDBYGOD

Re: Disapointment & confusion sets in

Post by BLESSEDBYGOD »

saxman wrote:He is old school and a dog hunter and in those circles unless it's doe day and you are a child or a girl you dont shoot doe's.
You gonna let a DOG hunter put down a DOE hunter?

I'd rather DEER CHOPS over DOG CHOPS anyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait a minute, maybe you meant he hunts WITH dogs, not FOR dogs..........................

Don't care much for them kind of dog hunters either, but to each his own.

My Dad was just like yours till he moved to Colorado, and then had to admit that they need to kill MORE does. To quote Mr. Dylan, The Times They Are A Changin'.

"Lord God Heal this body by Your Glory, AMEN"

-the REV
REMEMBER: Always recite this scripture before posting:
Romans 1:22, Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.
with Love,
-The REV
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

First off I wish you the best Sax! As far as your fathers beliefs. This my biggest hunting petpeve! Coming from a man who hunts with a dog is even worse... You did all the buck hunters a big favor by shooting that doe! Times have changed and most of us have gotten smarter about deer management. Some people are hard headed and will never change. Many situation I am one of them:) So I see where your dads comments are just a part of whom he is. Which isn't all bad. Im sure it upset you non the less. I hope to not have put your father down. That's not at all what I wanted to do! Im sure he is a great man with many other strong beliefs. Most importantly just get better!

Not to get off topic but Jay im not undrstanding how you always say you have so many bucks and no does? When you only shoot bucks. Do Florida bucks grow on trees?
mikew

Post by mikew »

saxman wrote:Thanks Mike
And everyone.
OH GOODY
Scott,
First, you are definitely in our prayers for you latest news!!

Now, can they do it all at once & save you some $$?
You'd be sore all over & not be focused on just your shoulder! :shock:

As for your dad's views, maybe you can schedule him for the colonoscopy in your place?

Seriously, I have a deep seated desire to please me dad; however, there have been & probably always be times that we don't see eye to eye. THOSE are the times that he must accept that I'm my own person.
I trust your dad will get there eventually too.

In the meantime, invite him over for a juicy venison steak....just don't tell him it has girl cooties. :D

We're pullin' for ya,
-Mike
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Good luck sax!
& Congratulations on the doe.... it's meat in the freezer.... :D
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
deerman

Post by deerman »

Hey sorry to hear of your shoulder. My dad of 83 years old fell and hit his shoulder on the cement curb and it shattered his entire right shoulder. He had to have a complete shoulder replacement and now he is doing great. My brother works for a major hospital in the south west and he informed my dad that there are 3 levels of quality in the material that makes up these artifical shoulders,hips,knees ect. MAKE sure you request the top level replacement hardware otherwise you will be back in for another replacement in 10-15 years. Your young,,so get the best. Good luck and take care;Deerman.
Constitution states "That all power is inheret in the people:that ...it is their right & duty to be at all times armed"...Thomas Jefferson 1824.