sold the predator

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dw

sold the predator

Post by dw »

barnett sent me a new in the box predator. in exchange for the 2nd bad one thru warranty. i decided to put it on ebay and write this off as an i told you so! i sold it as a buy it now broke even and it sold in 4 hours. i than bought an exomax which after rethinking changed to an exocet 200. it came the other day only took 4 shots to dial it in with the lumizone. cant say that about the barnett. anyhow good to be back amongst the excalibur family with an excalibur again. i'm shooting the factory carbon arrows with 125 gr montec g5's for a total arrow weight of 410 gr. i also upgraded to the fff string. and a dan miller over the top quiver bracket. she sure shoots accurate. will post some pics later.

"dw"
Last edited by dw on Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"you gotta love it"
wabi

Post by wabi »

dw,
That's what eBay is good for. :lol:
I just sold my replacement (#4) Tenpoint ProView scope on eBay.
Didn't quite recover all my $$$$$ but I got enough to make me happy.

BTW - got my son's barnett Phantom Jr crossbow, and so far it's shooting suprisingly well. Of course it's not for deer hunting, but at 10 yards he can keep his arrows in a 3" group. My dealer said he could probably pick me up an RC-150 riser for it (same stock & rail) for a low price, so I may have him get one and change it over for hunting next year.
wabi
frisky

Post by frisky »

You posted the arrow weight is 310 gr, I hope you ment 410 gr, as 310 gr is to light as per excaliburs recomandations.
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting