GrizTrick vs. RazorTrick vs. Standard/Magnum Slick Trick

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

aerostarp

GrizTrick vs. RazorTrick vs. Standard/Magnum Slick Trick

Post by aerostarp »

Anyone have any experience with the 2 new Slick Tricks mentioned above? How do you think they compare to the previous Standard/Magnum
Slick Tricks people talk so highly about?

Thanks.
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

they have new heads out, hmmm..........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Check their web site, the look great. Razors are cut on impact, Griz is 1.25" diameter but still small.
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

yeah went there after i posted here and looked....i even sent them an email asking if a 150gr slick tricks are in the works for us xbow hunters, hint hint time to flood there email with requests for 150gr tricks....ya never know :wink: .......bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
aerostarp

Post by aerostarp »

Check their web site, the look great. Razors are cut on impact, Griz is 1.25" diameter but still small.
I have been aware of them for months and they finally came our during the summer. I was wondering if anyone on this forum had any experience with them as yet?

....i even sent them an email asking if a 150gr slick tricks are in the works for us xbow hunters, hint hint time to flood there email with requests for 150gr tricks
Hey Bob - that would fit in with your other post about the far forward FOC and heavy arrow. I am finding out through trial and error (mostly error) that my setup (Exocet 175) actually shoots better with the heavier broadheads (125 - 145) out front with the brass insert and G2s as you had remarked.
Patrice

Post by Patrice »

Picked up a pack of grizz trix last week a little wider cut, shoots bang on just like the slicks nice looking broadheads
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Aerostarp

What bow are you using to push your broadheads? What game will you be hunting?

My theory is that we should maintain a minimum level of accuracy and flatness of trajectory, but after that push the biggest cutting, heaviest bolt possible. If you are shooting smaller big game such as deer, the heavier weight is not necessary, of course.

I've seen a spike bull elk that was shot with an Exomax that was pushing a 3 blade 125 grain G5 Striker Magnum using a 25 grain extender.

That bolt punched through the meat on the near shoulder, through a rib, through both lungs and the heart and through the meat on the far shoulder. After passing through the elk, the broadhead tip was wrecked on some rocks, and the aluminum bolt even got bent. That animal was shot at a measured distance of 30 yards.

That broadhead has a 1&1/2" cut. That shows what a "cut on contact" broadhead, with some weight, driven fast, can do! I might have been a skeptic if someone was merely describing it (as I am doing) but I saw it with my own eyes. The bull, by the way, apparently only ran for about 20 yards and collapsed.

That may be more performance than you need for your particular hunting situation, particularly if you are hunting nothing larger than deer. You could give up on the added weight and just go for the extra wide cut. You wouldn't need that much penetration just for deer.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
hawg hunter

heavy BH

Post by hawg hunter »

My G5 Montec had very similar performance on a bull for me. Damn tough Bh , shaft was mushroomed a bit after hitting rocks.
aerostarp

Post by aerostarp »

Hi5:

I will be using mostly for white-tail and later for black bear. I had some older Wasp SST Hammer 125s around and found them to be dead on out to 60 yards. Then I read another member said he likes his old Bear Broadheads. I have a bunch of them still from 30+ years ago and tried them. I shot them 2 bladed (145gr.) and they shot beautifully too.

Patrice:

Thanks for your input. Did you ever consider the razors?