Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

I think she handled herself well.
Grizz
Stash

Post by Stash »

I think she edged out Biden as the winner.
What debate were you watching? :roll:

The whole point of a "debate" is to talk about the specific question(s), and she rarely even came close to answering any questions - she kept going back to talk about what SHE wanted to talk about.

The only thing debating point you can fairly give her is that she didn't screw up and make a fool of herself.

This wasn't a debate on her part - it was a series of segues into her canned talking points. And whenever she disagreed with any of Biden's comments, all she did was basically say "that's not true" without offering any concrete explanation of why it wasn't true.

Biden, on the other hand, stayed on topic, and responded on topic to everything posed to him, backed it up with facts (whether you believe that they were "facts" or not is your business :)) and rebutted everything Palin said that he disagreed with, with reasons.

Politically it probably didn't make much difference. Most experts are agreeing that it didn't sway any "decideds" to the other side, and didn't commit any "undecideds", so in that respect it was probably a practical draw.

But as a "debate", Palin got her butt handed to her.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Stash wrote:What debate were you watching? :roll:
I was listening. I'm TV-free. :D

Being a longtime public-speaker myself, who sometimes handles unexpected questions in high-pressure situations, I believe SP handled the situation well ... whatever is thought about the specificity of her answers and her discussion preferences.

That's what I meant, and I stand by it.
Grizz
Fred

Post by Fred »

Thanks stash you saved me a lot of typing
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Stash wrote:
I think she edged out Biden as the winner.
What debate were you watching? :roll:

The whole point of a "debate" is to talk about the specific question(s), and she rarely even came close to answering any questions - she kept going back to talk about what SHE wanted to talk about.

The only thing debating point you can fairly give her is that she didn't screw up and make a fool of herself.

This wasn't a debate on her part - it was a series of segues into her canned talking points. And whenever she disagreed with any of Biden's comments, all she did was basically say "that's not true" without offering any concrete explanation of why it wasn't true.

Biden, on the other hand, stayed on topic, and responded on topic to everything posed to him, backed it up with facts (whether you believe that they were "facts" or not is your business :)) and rebutted everything Palin said that he disagreed with, with reasons.

Politically it probably didn't make much difference. Most experts are agreeing that it didn't sway any "decideds" to the other side, and didn't commit any "undecideds", so in that respect it was probably a practical draw.

But as a "debate", Palin got her butt handed to her.
C'mon, Stash ... tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back! LOL :D
Grizz
brokebow

Post by brokebow »

Did not you see Bidens nose getting bigger everytime he opened his mouth!
Jerry
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Thanks to her many screwups the bar for Sarah was set much lower than Joe's. She managed to 'cross the bar' by not making a fool of herself. On TV one could see that she was referring to her notes a lot. She didn't even address the question about economy, instead went back to the energy issue that's she's comfortable with. She gave virtually no specifics just recited her pre rehearsed talking points. She has come a log way on her good looks and folksy style. She is not, and likely never will be, capable of stepping in should a 72 year old, twice cancer survivor's heart falter. Joe, on the other hand, demonstrated that he is presidential.
We have ample examples of where the ''leadership'' of a high functioning moron has gotten us....most of which John McCain supported. Given the magnitude of the problems that the incoming president will face as a result, I'm not up for a repeat....or an experiment to see if Sarah can handle the job.
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Barring an absolute miracle, in 31 days she will disappear back into the AK interior never to be heard from again along with "First Dude". What a travesty!
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

A MAJOR GAFFE THAT WILL GO UNREPORTED BY THE MSM....but if this had been Palin saying it....

Joe Biden’s Alternate Universe

Michael J. Totten - 10.03.2008 - 8:10 AM

In Thursday night’s vice presidential debate between Senator Joe Biden and Governor Sarah Palin, Biden said the strangest and most ill-informed thing I have ever heard about Lebanon in my life. “When we kicked — along with France, we kicked Hezbollah out of Lebanon, I said and Barack said, “Move NATO forces in there. Fill the vacuum, because if you don’t know — if you don’t, Hezbollah will control it.” Now what’s happened? Hezbollah is a legitimate part of the government in the country immediately to the north of Israel.” [Emphasis added.]

What on Earth is he talking about? The United States and France may have kicked Hezbollah out of Lebanon in an alternate universe, but nothing even remotely like that ever happened in this one.

Nobody – nobody – has ever kicked Hezbollah out of Lebanon. Not the United States. Nor France. Not Israel. And not the Lebanese. Nobody.

Joe Biden has literally no idea what he’s talking about.

It’s too bad debate moderator Gwen Ifill didn’t catch him and ask a follow up question: When did the United States and France kick Hezbollah out of Lebanon?

The answer? Never. And did Biden and Senator Barack Obama really say NATO troops should be sent into Lebanon? When did they say that? Why would they say that? They certainly didn’t say it because NATO needed to prevent Hezbollah from returning–since Hezbollah never went anywhere.

I tried to chalk this one up as just the latest of Biden’s colorful gaffes. Did he mean to say “we kicked Syria out of Lebanon?” But that wouldn’t make any more sense. First of all, the Lebanese kicked Syria out of Lebanon. Not the United States, and not France. But he clearly meant to say Hezbollah, not Syria, because he correctly notes just a few sentences later that Hezbollah is part of Lebanon’s government. He wasn’t talking about Syria. He was talking about Hezbollah all the way through, at the beginning, in the middle, and at the end of his outlandish assertion.

Like many who watched the debate, I was bracing myself for Palin to say something off-putting about foreign policy. She’s the one who needed the crash course, allegedly; Biden is supposedly Mr. Foreign Policy. He’s supposed to be the experienced elder statesman Senator Barack Obama chose to help him govern and fill in some of his knowledge and experience gaps. He’s supposed to know far more about foreign policy than she does.

I wasn’t exactly encouraged by Palin’s answer to one of Katie Couric’s foreign policy questions: “What happens if the goal of democracy doesn’t produce the desired outcome?” Couric used Hamas’ victory in the West Bank and Gaza as an example. Palin either dodged the question or did not understand it.

Biden, though, against all expectations and odds, managed to say something far more bizarre and off-planet than anything Palin has said on the topic to date.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
aerostarp

Post by aerostarp »

Biden Tells 14 Lies During VP Debate
by Amanda Carpenter

Senator Joe Biden lied at least 14 times during the vice presidential debate according to those counting at John McCain’s presidential headquarters.

Tucker Bounds, a spokesman from GOP presidential candidate John McCain’s campaign said in a statement, “Joe Biden graduated from his trademark verbal gaffe to outright lie in tonight’s debate.”

McCain’s blogger-in-chief Michael Goldfarb chronicled the 14 lies HERE.

On the foreign policy front, Biden challenged Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin when she said Barack Obama’s pledge to meet with any foreign leaders, including Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, without precondition “goes beyond naivete and goes beyond poor judgment.”

Biden lectured Palin, “That's just simply not true about Barack Obama. He did not say he'd sit down with Ahmadinejad.” During the YouTube Democratic primary debate last July Obama was asked if he would meet the leaders of Iran, Syria, Venezuela, Cuba, and North Korea without “precondition” during his first year in office.

“I would,” he replied.

Biden appeared to attack Obama for making that very statement in August 2007. While Biden was challenging Obama for the Democratic nomination for president Biden said he would not support such a pledge. “Would I make a blanket commitment to meet unconditionally with the leaders of each of those countries within the first year I was elected president?” he said in an appearance at the National Press Club. “Absolutely positively no."

Five of the lies Biden told were related to tax and energy votes. During the debate Biden adamantly claimed McCain voted the same way as Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama did on a vote to raise taxes on those making $42,000 a year. The legislative record shows McCain was not present in the Senate for either of those votes and is recorded as “not voting.”

The RNC also takes issue with Biden’s assessment Palin supports a “windfall profits tax” and Biden’s claim McCain voted against alternative energy 23 times. The independent Factcheck.org has previously stated when Obama and other Democrats made similar charges about the 23 votes “they’re overstating the case.”

The other lies detailed by Goldfarb were related to Biden’s characterization of McCain’s healthcare plan, stances on bank deregulation and the $700 billion financial bailout that recently passed the Senate.
aerostarp

Post by aerostarp »

Stash wrote:
Biden, on the other hand, stayed on topic, and responded on topic to everything posed to him, backed it up with facts (whether you believe that they were "facts" or not is your business ) and rebutted everything Palin said that he disagreed with, with reasons.
I'd rather have someone avoid the question rather than give a lie as a response. You are a fool for believing anything out of Biden's mouth is the truth. :roll:
wabi

Post by wabi »

Didn't watch the debate, I was too busy trying to phone & email my congressional representative to share my opinion on the bailout!
My opinion?
They're all corrupt (or corruptable), and what we need is real representation in Washington. We need a president that will look at what the public WANTS, not what some committee or delegation says is best. Sorry, but neither candidate does much to make me believe that will happen any time soon.
wabi
hetichunter

Post by hetichunter »

if she promises to show up nude for the inauguration, she has my vote. if mc cain promises to show up nude for the inauguration, obama has my vote. if biden promises to show up nude for the inauguration i will refuse to vote. and if obama promises to show up nude for the inauguration it just might put an end to the myth.
If it isn't hectic, it isn't hunting!
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

the 2 basic opinions I reached from the debate were as follows

Palin is trying to connect on average Joe level and she's doing a good job of it. I think of her as someone with plain common sense running for office and trying to fix a mess that was made. Thus, she will get my vote

Biden just seemed like a smart know it all 6th grader that annoys you everytime he opens his mouth.

I loved how SP said it was funny that Biden backed McCain we he thought he might have a chance at running for his office. Now since he's with Obama he flames McCain any chance he can get. Typical :roll:

I just like how SP connects with us on the same level.. She may not have lots of experiece, but she's coming there to get a job done! No one's gonna buy her out
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Wouldn't it be interesting if it were to be discovered that Obama was dating Palin all along? LOL How about Ms. McCain? Who's she cheating with? You know they all are pretty friendly after them Washington Cocktail parties. I been there... Worked there for 12 years and hung out at all the embassy's... Wild town - women outnumber men by 5:1 so a guy can really do well when on the circuit! Heck McCain met his present wife while still married to his first wife if I'm not mistaken.
Where does Monica figure into all this? LOL

When them SOB's voted in that 700 billion I washed my hands of the whole mess. I'll just stay clear of it all and mind my own business until it gets so bad that the "blue helmets" knock on my door then I'll cut loose and take as many as I can.

It's coming folks - Washington is frigging out of control!
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan