O/T Fenix Flashlights

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

Post by wabi »

DrDan wrote:Wabi
When are you gonna get your wife a P1D? My girlfriend loves hers! Oh hell you can order a P1D and a TK20 and both be happy!
Happy as long as she doesn't know what I paid for them. :wink: :lol:
I may just do that! She works second shift and gets off at 11:00PM, a new flashlight that's really bright might be good for her to have. The other night I waited up to walk her to the door from her car, one of those nice little black & white striped kittys was in the yard earlier. :lol:
wabi
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Wabi

Yah it comes with one of them lobster claw clasps so she can put it on key chain or clip to belt loop or whatever. It frigging lasts a long time on one battery.
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan
saxman

Post by saxman »

I love good flashlights.
Thank's for the info
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

bstout wrote: I'm more than willing to sacrifice run time for performance. Simplicity is also important to me.

I'm not interested in flashlights that utilize microprocessors.

Basically, expensive space age yuppie flashlights...don't impress me much.
Bob Bob Bob your a good man and I have TONS of respect for you..Thats why I am responding to your thread Buddy dont knock it till you try it :D .. I hear you when you say what you say and I was the same way..It was tough for me to pay 65 dollars for a light but let me tell you ..I am the envy of all my buddies when it comes to whos got a light when we need it..If we are looking for something we lost or a deer or a duck down or what ever they come to me..Hoss where your light we need it..IT IS the best and the new TK20 i think it is even has a rubber body piece so you can put it in your mouth without chippin a tooth..But I personally like the L2D CE on sale for 56..It has 4 different modes and a pre programed sos incase you need it..so buddy coming from a friend who would not tell you a lie unless we were around the campfire tellin stories then it would just be a stretch lol..you would not be disapointed my friend. I promise and I dont work for them or get any kick backs ..I just wanted you to know buddy its the real deal..and I aint no yuppie..

Hoss
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Bob
I think you may have been referring to laptop computer batteries. One of the great benefits of CR123 batteries is they have a shelf life of 10+ years; another is that they put out the same voltage in sub zero temperatures. If you don't like CR123's then Fenix also sells lights for AA batteries. I'm no yuppie either - I just look for quality at an affordable price. LOL It wouldn't work clipping a MagLight with a couple "D" cells on my cap brim to walk through brush at night.

Try it - you'll never look back!
Phoenix - Equinox
DrDan
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Hey Sax
Get one of these and you'll be a happy well lit dude at night! I just got one and it is my brightest light. Wide even well illuminated beam! AA cells....

https://www.fenix-store.com/images/TK20_2.jpg
Phoenix - Equinox
DrDan
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

I have Surefires also and a couple of my Fenix's take CR123 batteries so I get CR123's from the Surefire website. They are as good as them ones you pay a fortune for at Lowes, Radio Shack, etc.

Here's the link...

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_ ... /sesent/00
Phoenix - Equinox
DrDan
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

If yah wanna spend some bucks here's a really handy little light. I clip it to hat brim when need hands free light. Of course me and my buddy are light freaks! LOL

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_ ... /sesent/00
Phoenix - Equinox
DrDan
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Hey Bob it does throw a concentrated beam far no kidding it really does..but thats cool buddy I just wanted you to know it is a great flashlight and I know you know I would not pull your leg...It will impress you!.If you get a chance try one or not no big deal..take care friend

Hoss
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
wabi

Post by wabi »

All I can say is I was so impressed with my L2T that I just ordered an L1T this evening.
I find a small flashlight very handy for both work (plumbing = a lot of work inside cabinets & crawlspaces) and play (hunting & fishing), so I don't mind spending a few $$$$ for quality. These lights fit my needs pretty well with the simple 2 intensity function (I don't really need 6 light levels) and the AA batteries are something I already have plenty of (rechargable Ni-MH) on hand.
I also like a small "headlight" (Petzl "Zipka Plus") with a built in cord & retractor instead of a bulky headband to hold it in place. With a good flashlight & the headlight I can do 90% of my repair jobs without having to fool around with stringing cords for 110V electric lights. And for hunting & fishing the 110V lights aren't an option. :lol:
wabi
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Bob
LOL You forget veterinarians - They make BooKoo's too!
Phoenix - Equinox
DrDan
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Wabi

OMG OMG you just got to try out this TK10! It is only supposed to be 150 lumens but it illuminates better than my 220 lumen model. It is something about the color of the light. Most of them have a bluish cast and the TK10 is more white in color. Rubber grip and takes AA's You would be amazed!
Phoenix - Equinox
DrDan