Dan Miller Mount

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Golden Eagle

Dan Miller Mount

Post by Golden Eagle »

Anyone have Pictures of a Dan Miller Mount?
mikej

Post by mikej »

mikej

Post by mikej »

it is a great mount i absolutely love it
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever needed a second shot? I personally only carry one arrow because I don't like stuff hanging all over my bow. Every deer I have killed was one shot and I never take more than one deer a day. Not being a smart arse - just curious why you need to carry a half a dozen arrows?
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

DrDan wrote:Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever needed a second shot?
Actually yes. Once I misjudged how wide the limbs would expand and one tip made contact with a tree. A deer approached from behind me and I was shooting behind the stand. It sent the arrow into the ground next to the deer. I took that same deer about 15 minutes later because I had another arrow.
DrDan wrote:Every deer I have killed was one shot and I never take more than one deer a day.
I've taken two (or more) deer in one hunt 6 times. I took two in the morning of Columbus Day 2005 with my Exomax. I took my son, age 10 at that time, back in the afternoon and he took his first two deer with my Exomax. We shot a quiver full in one day. All four of them were one-shot kills. Some areas have higher populations so having an additional arrow or two is handy if an opportunity were to present itself.

Scenario: Its opening morning and a nice 8pt steps in your sights at first light. You shoot and he falls in sight. Do you leave for the day? If its legal where I'm hunting, I reload. As much as I would like to take a nice buck on opening day, I would like taking TWO really nice bucks that much more. :)

DuckHunt
mikej

Post by mikej »

i carry 4 arrows in my quiver 2 broad heads and 2 small game points
Allan

Post by Allan »

DRDAN,

what if you need a finishing off shot?
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Allan wrote:
what if you need a finishing off shot?
I carry two arrows and preciously for the reason Allan mentions.

I, like Dr. Dan, know I will never need a second arrow to hunt with. If I miss, its the end of the road for that hunt. The animal I am hunting is the only target. If I miss him I will not see him in the area where I took the shot until perhaps next year.

I move on to the next buck on my priority list.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

2 arrows min., just in case i miss the first time. That way i can stay in my tree stand.

Grey Owl
mikej

Post by mikej »

i forgot to add that is the reason i carry 2 broad heads for a finnishing of shot
Rich

Post by Rich »

You've never dropped an arrow out of their treestand...........that's reason enough to carry more than one.

Rich