Merchandisers

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Strikenmike

Merchandisers

Post by Strikenmike »

Greetings:

Is anyone aware of a problem at Ye Old Archery Shop? I placed a $150 order about 10 days ago for some CX shafts, inserts, a case for my Phoenix, etc. I charged the order on my VISA.

A couple days later I got a strange email saying that the inserts were on backorder and that if I had any questions I could email Tammy. I emailed Tammy to see if the rest of the order was being shipped (I really need the case).....No response. I then called their customer service number...No one answered so I left a message. No Response. I called again...same deal.

I am getting nervous. My wife says that I have 30 days to challenge the charge on my credit card. I hate to order from someone else if Ye Old Archery is going to send my product.

Any thoughts????

Thanks,
Mike
Tight Lines & Ten Rings
Phoenix. 400 Gr Gold Tip w/100Gr. Muzzy, 2"blazers, brass inserts, 1/2 alum knock insert.
Armadias

Post by Armadias »

Had a similar problem.

I called my Visa card company and explained what happened they put a hold on that amount. Company did go bankrupt and my credit card was credited full amount.

You should call them right now.

Bob
Strikenmike

Post by Strikenmike »

Update on my dilemma.. Called Ye Old Archery Shop first thing this morning. Got a message referring me to OutdoorHuntingSupply.com. Called them, and their voice mail box is full.....no response. It looks like something negative is going on.

I am going to cancel the order, order from someone else and fight the charges through my credit card company.

Is anyone aware of a reputable supply house that has Excalibur stuff?

Mike
Tight Lines & Ten Rings
Phoenix. 400 Gr Gold Tip w/100Gr. Muzzy, 2"blazers, brass inserts, 1/2 alum knock insert.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Try this link . . .

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... hp?t=23262

If they have the items you want, then the bowhunterssupplystore would be where I'd start. They shipped my order immediately.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Strikenmike

Post by Strikenmike »

Update...

On Wednesday of this week I went to my Credit Union to tell them I was protesting my charges for my credit card order to Ye Olde Archery Shop. The CU tried several phone numbers with no response. They tracked down a number in Louisville, KY (interesting because I believe Ye Olde Archery Shop is in TX) and got an answer. After some haggling, they agreed to let me return the merchandise without restocking charges and they agreed to reimburse me for my shipping costs.

I have returned the product, so we will see if I get a credit to my credit card. When I talked to the lady, I asked her flat out if they were still in business. She insisted that they were.

I will be very reluctant to try them again, at least until I can get someone to answer their phones.

Later,
Mike
Tight Lines & Ten Rings
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

I think Horizontal Archery in in Ohio. Dan Miller is the guy to talk to.
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
GA.crossbowhunt

Post by GA.crossbowhunt »

if dan or bj from this forum cant get any thing you need then i would use the bow hunter supper store.
excalibur phoenix
lumi-zone
sts system
acu draw 50
custom string by boo
groundpounders mount
cas custom bolts
100gr slick tricks
excalibur shooter for life
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

In the USA, Danny Miller is the warranty rep for Excal, has a shop for retail, and just a hoot to talk to. Those that have dealt w/ him or talked w/ him will no doubt agree he's forgot more about xbows [lot's of brands] than most of us will ever know. No matter where or who you buy an Excal from in the USA, if there's a problem, that's where it goes. [740] 483-2312.

You folks in Canada got the factory, [lucky buggers, lol] we got Danny down here. As close to even as it gets.
"Eze 18:21"