Retractable Safety Spool

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

brokebow

Retractable Safety Spool

Post by brokebow »

I watched on the cd that River Edge sent with there treestand that there is a retractable spool that you keep on the tree and you don't have to take it off till you are on the ground. Any one out there have one? Can you get one? Do you use one? I think that this would be great. I have some disability problems,and would like to know more about this product.Jerry
Jerry
mikew

Re: Retractable Safety Spool

Post by mikew »

brokebow wrote:I watched on the cd that River Edge sent with there treestand that there is a retractable spool that you keep on the tree and you don't have to take it off till you are on the ground. Any one out there have one? Can you get one? Do you use one? I think that this would be great. I have some disability problems,and would like to know more about this product.Jerry
Jerry, I think it's the Fall Guy Restraint System. I have a friend with one who loves it. I've not seen it in person though. Hopefully that gives you a starting point...

-Mike
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Made my own with some quality rope, a Prussic knot and two climbing snaps (one on the end of the rope the other on the rope with the Prussic knot). I use it on the way up by attaching it along the way and sliding the Prussic knot. Once up, tie if off and leave it in the tree. On descending, jsut slide the knot as you go It attaches to my safety harness and is cheap enough (about $10.) I can leave it with the stand (to use next time) and it doesn't invite 'changed ownership.'
brokebow

Post by brokebow »

Well,if I just took my time and looked in the Cabelas fall book ,they sell them,I am going this afternoon and geting one. Will tell you how they work later. Jerry
Jerry