Doctor - Plumber Story

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DrDan

Doctor - Plumber Story

Post by DrDan »

This is an actual true story from my brother in law who ran a liquor store for long time in WI.

A plumber called his doctor one night because his daughter had been couging non-stop all day and he wondered if the doctor would call in a prescription. The reply was sorry I'd have to see her to prescribe any medications - give her an aspirin and call in the morning. Well about two months later the Doctor was having a cocktail party at his ranch and a toilet cut loose and started running all over the bathroom and hall carpeting. The Doc called the plumber and asked if he could come over right away. The plumbers reply... Toss a couple aspirin in it and give it a flush. If that doesn't work - call me in the morning.

I thought it was pretty darn funny!
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan
wabi

Post by wabi »

I'll have to remember that one for the next time a doctor calls. :lol:
Actually, the last doctor I worked for wrote me a perscription for antibiotics while I was at his house. I had a boil forming on my thigh (in my crotch :shock: ) and he heard me gasp when I bent down to look at his commode suply line. As me if I had a problem and I told him about it, so he went and got his prescription pad and wrote me one for the medicine I needed, plus advised me on how to care for it.
wabi
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Yup I always remember that story when someone calls me at night and needs my help. I am the only veterinarian in town who answers phone at night and on weekends. Of course I don't really have a life aside from hanging around the house and doing critters and hunting and fishing. Glad I don't feel the need to socialize.
Phoenix - Equinox
DrDan
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I am with you DrDan animals are more LOYAL any way :D Never been stabbed in the back from my DOG :lol:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

LOL Yup I love my furry friends/patients! Incidentally, if you want to evaluate your veterinarian just give him/her a phone call at 10PM on Saturday night and see if the phone is answered.....
Phoenix - Equinox
DrDan
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

:lol: My vet is awesome..my springer had surgery Sep 29th and both vets in the practice called every other day to see how she was doing! Gotta love that kind of dedication! :wink: Brampton Mike 8) 8)
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
mikej

Post by mikej »

thats a good one