Middleton Scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

fishnbugdude

Middleton Scope

Post by fishnbugdude »

Just saw a Middleton Scope in Simcoe today.

Just like the LumiZone but with a red or green Reticule.

Larger field of view and a much better price. They had a VeriZone so I checked the optics side by each. I think the glass inside is better the Excalibur is better then the Middleton - seemed brighter and clearer even with the smaller lens.

The price though is $150 for the Middleton with rings. That is so much less then the Excalibur - I may have a hard time justifying it.

Maybe some competition would be good if the $ could drop.
Last edited by fishnbugdude on Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Much more important than price is quality!
I just sold a new TenPoint Pro-View scope on eBay. It was the 3rd replacement (4 scopes total) in two years.
I ordered a vari-zone to replace it. I've owned vari-zones in the past and never had a problem with the quality!
My point - stick with what you know works! Excalibur!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wabi
fuel80guy

Post by fuel80guy »

I totally agree with wabi,,,,excalibur all the way.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

There is some history behind that Middleton company that will always keep me a long ways from his product. Rest assured he copied that scope design from somebody, just like the bow.
One important factor to keep in mind is that an inexpensive scope may develop a problem down the road, normally that would keep me from buying one, but Excalibur's warranty is so rock solid and fast that I have no issues buying one knowing fully well that if it breaks I can have that scope replaced the same day.
The guy in Simcoe that showed you that scope is named Dan, he has an issue with Excalibur and has a nasty habit of knocking them in an attempt to justify selling those clone bows. My favorite thing to do is hop around from gun shop to gun shop, I don't even go in to Eli's anymore, got tired of listening to that guy whine, seems it's all he does, nice gun selection though.
Do yourself a favor before you take the cheap road, Tuesday morning make two calls, one to Excalibur and one to Middleton, simply state you have a problem with your scope. Excalibur will trip over themselves trying to help you and get you back in to the woods, and I guarantee you will not be able to get a hold of Middleton. There is a reason for that, save your money and invest it in a company who will look after you.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

how can
Last edited by one shot scott on Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikej

Post by mikej »

Pydpiper wrote:There is some history behind that Middleton company that will always keep me a long ways from his product. Rest assured he copied that scope design from somebody, just like the bow.
One important factor to keep in mind is that an inexpensive scope may develop a problem down the road, normally that would keep me from buying one, but Excalibur's warranty is so rock solid and fast that I have no issues buying one knowing fully well that if it breaks I can have that scope replaced the same day.
The guy in Simcoe that showed you that scope is named Dan, he has an issue with Excalibur and has a nasty habit of knocking them in an attempt to justify selling those clone bows. My favorite thing to do is hop around from gun shop to gun shop, I don't even go in to Eli's anymore, got tired of listening to that guy whine, seems it's all he does, nice gun selection though.
Do yourself a favor before you take the cheap road, Tuesday morning make two calls, one to Excalibur and one to Middleton, simply state you have a problem with your scope. Excalibur will trip over themselves trying to help you and get you back in to the woods, and I guarantee you will not be able to get a hold of Middleton. There is a reason for that, save your money and invest it in a company who will look after you.
well said i couldn't agree more. my money will never go to a joke like that