I have everything I need but still spent $150.00

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DrDan

Post by DrDan »

LOL LOL LOL Wabi you lost it! Oh well that makes me feel better cuz I ordered three Fenix's this week. Just got the latest two tonight. Oh well, I got 24 CR123 batteries so that should get me half way into the depression. You both know we write em off for necessary business expense! Frigging tools! I love em! I never shirk about tools to make things easier.

Just came into the house from working on that trailer I bought for $100. It has new treated wood floor in it. Finsihed the wiring (all armored) tonight. So she is about ready to start using to haul wood in.

And then I building an ornamental iron sign just for twisting fun.

Yup we used my P3D all evening lighting the way for hole drilling and seeing cut and bend marks. They are wonderful! Lets you do better work!
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan
wabi

Post by wabi »

You both know we write em off for necessary business expense! Frigging tools! I love em! I never shirk about tools to make things easier.
If this keeps up I may have to take a loss on the business come tax time! :lol:
I know an electrician that wrote off a new Black Widow bow as a business expense one year. Took it out on a job where he was stringing wiring above a suspended ceiling, tied a string to an arrow, shot it across the room and used the string to pull a wire across! It didn't work out too well, but he bought it as a tool so he wrote it off!
wabi
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Wabi

LOL That may be in the gray zone... Oh well...
Phoenix - Equinox
DrDan
Grizzly Adam

Re: I have everything I need but still spent $150.00

Post by Grizzly Adam »

raydaughety wrote:
Grizzly Adam wrote:
planter wrote: I am so weak I am ashamed!!! I need some sort of counciling but I bet/know I can't get it here. :D
Grizz wrote: Sure you can. I haven't bought anything new for quite a few hunting seasons. In fact, the last new thing I did buy was my Exomax in 2006.

My memories is not what it used to be but let me think.....I'm trying to recall....seems like.......someone was seduced into buying himself a Ruger single six on July 3rd 2007???? BUSTED!!!!!! :wink: I only remember because I bought one the same week :oops: .
Ah, yes, Ray. You got me. :oops: :oops:

But I didn't really buy that .22 revolver for hunting, and I haven't been hunting with it ... and hunting gear was the context of the discussion. That's what I was thinking of! :D :lol:

But yes, I did buy that. Probably bought something else, if I really thought of it. In fact, I bought a real nice old Thompson Hawken, too.

Thought I'd better disclose that, before someone drags it up out of the files too. :wink: :wink:

Or, I could just deny all, like ol' Bill:

:oops: :oops: I want you to listen to me. I'm going to say this again: I DID NOT HAVE SHOOTING RELATIONS WITH THAT FIREARM, MS. RUGER. :oops: :oops:

Grizz
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I only remember it so well that I saw one in Morehead City a few days after you got your's and everything that you said about it was true. So, I guess that I submitted to the same temptation that you did. It's an awesome plinking gun and one that's very easy to train Tyler the safe handling of a handgun but of course it stays in the safe, locked with all the other toys.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Well, now that you mentioned it, the Butt Out tool is pretty handy... insert, twist, pull, cut, knot. Done. Beats coring and hoping you don't nick.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

VixChix wrote:Well, now that you mentioned it, the Butt Out tool is pretty handy... insert, twist, pull, cut, knot. Done. Beats coring and hoping you don't nick.
Actually, it's nice to leave a few things for others to buy for your Christmas stocking! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

planter wrote:So I guess you guys are saying I don't need a "Butt Out Tool" or a scrapemaker that comes with a plastic deer hoof shaped scraper thats even puts big tracks in your mock scrapes?? (sigh) :cry:
You mean to tell me you haven't made that order yet, your cutting it close, what good will the but out do when you haven't even made the mock scrape yet so that you can kill the buck to start with :? What's up with you man? Don't forget those new vitamins for deer hunters that make your vision better, your sense of smell and and enhances your "predatory senses" :shock: . You'd better have that order shipped overnight :roll:
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

There's a few politicians that I'd like to try the Butt Out on. Give em something to do for a few days except call my damn number!
Phoenix - Equinox
DrDan
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

planter wrote:I did just pick up some unscented Chapstick for hunters.. I'm sure that will do the trick.
Chapstick... ok - now add that to the list of "must haves" :lol:
I use regular vanilla flavoured when I need to. When my face gets chapped from the wind I'll use a bit of corn oil on it.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

VixChix wrote:
planter wrote: Chapstick... ok - now add that to the list of "must haves" :lol: I use regular vanilla flavoured when I need to. When my face gets chapped from the wind I'll use a bit of corn oil on it.
I prefer bear grease for both. :D :wink:
Grizz
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Grizzly Adam wrote: I prefer bear grease for both. :D :wink:
Hey - wasn't there a thread going on about that a year or so ago? :lol: Doesn't that make your hair grow or something? :?:
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Vix

Even though I didn't bear hunt I still have a few pints of bear grease. You'd look good with a little facial hair!
Phoenix - Equinox
DrDan
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

DrDan wrote:Vix

Even though I didn't bear hunt I still have a few pints of bear grease. You'd look good with a little facial hair!
I doubt my husband would agee!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Vix
Aww heck if yah growl at him and pound your chest a little he probably be ok with it. I am bummed that I didn't get to bear hunt this year. It ain't gonna happen again!
Phoenix - Equinox
DrDan