McCain pulled out of Michigan - Now Wisconsin

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

deerman

Post by deerman »

Yes Obama is a very serious threat to us hunters and shooters alike. Just look at his voting record with any gun issue or gun law (All votes NO!!!) America better wake up fast before its to late. :oops:
Constitution states "That all power is inheret in the people:that ...it is their right & duty to be at all times armed"...Thomas Jefferson 1824.
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

that surely will happen if Obama gets in
You don't know that any more than the next guy... It's all paranoia based on McCain Swift Boat bullchit. Obama is not after your guns! Taking guns from gang bangers in the big cities and keeping them out of the hands of maniacs going wild on campuses - yes that is an issue and one I also back. I don't mind filling out the form for a Brady Check and hell one gun a month is not a problem with me. Selling guns with no paper trail such as in a newspaper ad is total insanity. I wouldn't do it now so forcing registration of those guns sold in that manner is also not a problem for me. All guns sold at gun shows already have to have a Brady Check so can't see how that will change under Obama. Unscupulous gun dealers who sell under the counter to known gangs and teenagers need some strict laws to stop them! Would you like someone to steal your guns and then deal them to unscrupulous gun dealers who then sell them to thugs with no paper trail? If you think it through I believe you must agree there needs to be some regulation of the gun trade. As far as carrying a pistol to the high school basketball game or the movie on Saturday night... Well I'll give that my plusses and minuses. I have a concealed carry permit and on rare occasion I may carry my 44 Special snubby or when I really figure life is turning to chit, I'll carry my Colt Govt Model but do I really need that liberty? Probably not - If I think I need to carry a gun I will do so permit or no permit. Always have always will. I have also learned that a schutzhund trained German Shepherd is much more intimidating than a gun. If you pull a gun on someone, you damn near have to kill them or be killed yourself. A GSD showing his teeth, growling and ready to lunge is a much better option if you are in a fearful life threatening position and you don't want to spend the rest of your life in jail for shooting some idiot. Let the dog tear em up. Yah you might get sued but that better than a cell for life.

As far as coming to my door to pick up my guns for meltdown I think that is a long ways into the future. It will never happen in Obama's term(s) and if it ever happens I have one thing to say about that. If I'm still of firm mind and able to get out of bed, load and fire accuratey I will be shooting them dudes in the "blue helmets" and stacking them up like firewood on the front lawn. Yah they will eventually get me but what a proud way to end it all.

Naw I wouldn't worry to much about gun control getting ridiculous in the next few years. Obama is a much smarter man than that. And no I don't believe all this propoganda disseminated by the splinter groups. I think most of it is because McCain is losing and is despirate for any kind of a boost. I believe Obama will take the reins and create an America we can once again take pride in and believe in. I just think we have a better chance of it with him rather than McCain. All I hear from McCain is fight, fight, fight and more fight. I'm tired of fighting.

Blessed be the peacemaker for the kindom of heaven shall be theirs...
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Of course Obama will not make a presidential decree and say" Round them all up and melt them" his first day in office.

It will be incremental in a little at a time. I think it was Clinton Cabinet member Andrew Cuomo who threatened gun manufacturers with "death by a thousand cuts."

If Clinton had a filibuster and veto proof congress, Ms. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., would have gotten her way when she said: "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them -- Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in -- I would have done it."

Just look to the UK and Australia to see how the gun owners there died a "death by a thousand cuts."

Make NO mistake about it there are a growing number of people, including Obama, that think people should not own guns at all. He actually told John Lott that.

The scariest bunch in all this is not the gun grabbers, but the ones that buy into what they are saying and declare "Oh, they wont take our guns away". Their head is buried in the sand or placed firmly up their posteriors..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

DR D ...and I quote you

"Do you really think that President Obama will have the time to go after your freaking guns with the country in financial meltdown".

WOW Seems you do Dr D ! your all knowing first hand information on what Obama plans to do and what his plans are for the future are....dont think so..Like you said..

and i quote you again--->'''You dont know any more than the next guy"

Thats the smartest thing ive read you type..you can only speculate and hopingly dream of what you would like to think you savior has in order for you..I assure you its 2 different things..time will tell and as you walk out on that limb be very careful.. :lol:
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
cop614

Post by cop614 »

GO PULL UP HIS ILL. VOTING RECORD AND SEE FOR YOURSELF
ITS ALL THERE FOR ALL TO SEE
HE WHATS TO TAKE AWAY ARE GUNS
VOTED THAT WAY EACH TIME
I DO NOT KNOW WHAT HE THINKS BUT I CAN SEE HOW HE VOTED
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I think everyone agrees, Obama would perfer to have your money, then your guns.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen