Ordered a PCP air rifle

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Post by Boo »

I have four high priced mechanics to feed and it's been really slow since the beginning of August. When customers find out what the hourly charges are based on dollar wise they have to keep in mind our overhead includes paying for dead time.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I am fortunate enough to have a fairly recession proof business, I have my lulls but they are usually anticipated. After 10 years of doing this we have learned when to buckle down a bit, not that we always do though. :oops:

These pellet rifles, are they regulated? Does each pellet have the same velocity as the one before until the air supply is diminished? I can't help but think about when I used to have the little C02 powered air gun, first half dozen shots were a dream come true, then they started fading off.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Boo and Wabi

Yup you guys know... I once heard a guy say, "Being in business is like being a Mississippi Gambler"! That's it exactly, but after 30 some years of doing it I can't see myself ever doing it any different. I like working for me and kind of enjoy the ups and downs.
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan
M&M

Post by M&M »

wabi that is great I am glad that they changed the regulations I just didn't want anyone getting in any trouble with the long arm of the law, so have a blast and let us know how it works out on what kinds of game and what you find to be reasonable ranges for it capabilities. M&M
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Don

It looks like I'm gonna get the contract for the pet store so I'll probably be ordering them soon. I like the "wack" of the Condor but the quietness of the Talon turns me on too. Damnit I gotta have both. I think I'll get a tank of nitrogen to charge them. Nitrogen is dry and won't corrode or rust anything inside.
Phoenix - Equinox
DrDan
Boo

Post by Boo »

DrDan wrote:Don

It looks like I'm gonna get the contract for the pet store so I'll probably be ordering them soon. I like the "wack" of the Condor but the quietness of the Talon turns me on too. Damnit I gotta have both. I think I'll get a tank of nitrogen to charge them. Nitrogen is dry and won't corrode or rust anything inside.
Dan, the Talon SS is the moderated one. Get one! :D
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wabi

Post by wabi »

Pydpiper wrote: These pellet rifles, are they regulated? Does each pellet have the same velocity as the one before until the air supply is diminished? I can't help but think about when I used to have the little C02 powered air gun, first half dozen shots were a dream come true, then they started fading off.
From what I have read in the reviews on this rifle it will give 23-27 accurate shots (in the same ¼" group at 25 yards) before it needs re-charged. I'm guessing velocity drops off, but stays constant enough for good accuracy for quite a few shots.
wabi
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

I'm looking forward to getting into it! I do alot of indoor 22 rifle shooting in the winter at the range. Fortunately (or unfortunately for the other shoe) this area has more ranges and nobody shoots. Yah they come out of the woods to sight in the deer guns, but then they are back in the easy chair again in front of the TV. Oh well I love it. We have a trap range with hydraulic throwers, skeet and 5 stand (nobody ever there) and an indoor 50' rifle and pistol range (nobody ever there) then a 100, 200 and 300 outdoor covered range (few there) and another covered 100 yard range. I belong to them all for $150 a year total.

Gotta love SE Ohio

It should be fun to get into air rifle on 50' indoor range.
Phoenix - Equinox
DrDan