Lumizone problems???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sean McKenty

Lumizone problems???

Post by Sean McKenty »

it has been 3 weeks now and I am on my 4th lumizone scope,is there some way of getting a good one that doesn't have the recticle turning, my last one the vari speed didn't work either. I can't keep returning them
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I wish i could say i have one and have never had a problem with it :shock:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
saxman

Post by saxman »

No problem with mine untill recently
#7 rheostat setting burned out and now there is debris inside when I look through.
I think POI has changed as well
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
saxman

Post by saxman »

I called Danny M and i am to send it back after the season for a replacement.
Great folks to deal with.
No questions asked.
Scott

Take a kid hunting

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Sean McKenty

Post by Sean McKenty »

I am sure a replacement isn't a problem but I certainly am not doing this every week, they must have some way of finding a good one. I talked to a guy on another forum and he says they are haveing a 20% failure rate on these, if true I would think a full recall would be warrented. 4 in 3 weeks is alittle much
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Sean McKenty wrote:I am sure a replacement isn't a problem but I certainly am not doing this every week, they must have some way of finding a good one. I talked to a guy on another forum and he says they are haveing a 20% failure rate on these, if true I would think a full recall would be warrented. 4 in 3 weeks is alittle much
Respectfully, if this happens every week you may want to look for a different cause than the scope. The scopes are cheap, they cost very little and perform very well. If you have went through 4 and not getting the results you are after than perhaps the scope isn't to blame.
If you want a scope that less of a failure rate than buy a Leopold, they still break, cost 5X more and have no where near the the service warranty as the one you are having issues with.
A bad scope is a problem, 2 bad scopes means a bad streak in problems, 3 bad scopes is more than likely user error.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Rich

Post by Rich »

I had a LZ's recticles shift on me also, returned it for a refund and bought another VZ. 4 LZ's is an awful string of bad luck, I'd start looking elsewhere. Who is doing your install, could you be overtightening your rings, where do you store your bow (bow falling), what weight bolt are you shooting (bolts to light). These things could be contributing factors. One thing for sure though- Excal will get it right.

Rich
Sean McKenty

Post by Sean McKenty »

Pydpiper wrote:
Sean McKenty wrote:I am sure a replacement isn't a problem but I certainly am not doing this every week, they must have some way of finding a good one. I talked to a guy on another forum and he says they are haveing a 20% failure rate on these, if true I would think a full recall would be warrented. 4 in 3 weeks is alittle much
Respectfully, if this happens every week you may want to look for a different cause than the scope. The scopes are cheap, they cost very little and perform very well. If you have went through 4 and not getting the results you are after than perhaps the scope isn't to blame.
If you want a scope that less of a failure rate than buy a Leopold, they still break, cost 5X more and have no where near the the service warranty as the one you are having issues with.
A bad scope is a problem, 2 bad scopes means a bad streak in problems, 3 bad scopes is more than likely user error.

yuo would think so but why did it not happen with all the other scopes I have used.??????.I am certainly not new and have never had this with any scope on any xbow. The first scope I got states side and after about 10 shots it started to rotate, I got my money back and bought the next one at a shop in Ontario after 4 shots it rotated 90%, I brought it back and got another took about 20 shots in the store range and seemed ok. Today I tried to shoot a score (60 shots) after 12 shots it started rotating. I am willing to give it another try since the scope is clear and has the options I like but if it does it again I will try the TruGlo version and see if it is any better. I know I am not the only since the shop owner said he had returned 3 before mine for the same problem. With so many having the same problem you have to think it is something else. I will call Excal and see what they say
Stash

Post by Stash »

Maybe it's just not compatible with that Cyclone you're shooting? Too much vibration? :?:
dutchhunter

love mine

Post by dutchhunter »

noproblems yet with mine i love it DUTCH
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Maybe it's just not compatible with that Cyclone you're shooting? Too much vibration? Question
That can't be it, have no problems with mine. BTW, the one on my Vortex works great too.
saxman

Post by saxman »

No disrespect
What is the rotating you are speaking of.
The whole scope or the reticle?
Scott

Take a kid hunting

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
sullyy

Post by sullyy »

I thought I was seeing things last night because I thought mine had rotated as well. Not much, maybe 5 degrees. I wasn't aware it was an issue.

I'll be keeping a close eye on it now though.
Rich

Post by Rich »

Scott,

My reticles rotated to the 1:00 position. 20 yard shoot was fine, but 30 and beyond were off.

Rich
M&M

Post by M&M »

I know it isn't a lumazone but I am on my third varizone the first one foged all up on the inside and the second one worked fine last season but this year it would not hold zero so had to replace it I love the way the scope functions but I wish it were more dependable. I wonder who actually makes the scopes for excal. M&M