Butcher pricing?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

I do it my self. Congrats on the deer. What did you get?
Dennis he shot a 1+ year doe. His computer is acting funny right now. The deer have been going behind his tree, so he changed his position that they would come in front and wouldn't you know it they came in the other way. Murphies Law. :lol:
Exomax
GT II Lazer arrows
125gr expandables
White Tiger 2" Blazer vanes
Chartruese Custom Boo string
Stricknine Expandables
Dabbling with Trad 55#
Mathews Q2 60-70#
Beman arrows
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

we charge 60-70 depending on the deer size and also how much meat is actaully used.... thats skinning, wrapping, and etc..
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

In my area they will skin, debone, cut, pack and wrap for $70 to $80. Special cuts, jerky or sausage are all extra and are typically by the pound using your meat.

DuckHunt
sunset

cutting prices

Post by sunset »

I picked mine up yesterday for $53 cut, wrapped and frozen. Skinning, adding pork or making sausage/pepperettes etc all in addition.
Minimum price (fawn) is $40.
Daniele

Processing venison

Post by Daniele »

I had venison processed one time only, it wasn't pretty, they took a saw to it and then wrapped and labeled; i never wasted so much good meat to cook it.
I am sure not all butchers work like that, i have had venison given to me that was boneless and wrapped properly, still not as good as i do my own, cheap and no waste.
I do some canning also, have done some jerky... mmmmmmmmm,
as i am italian i like the taste of genoa style salami or cacciatorini, i wish i could find someone that does that, within a reasonable distance from where i live, so far no luck, everybody makes either pepperettes or summer sausages around here, not my favourite snack.
Daniele
Good hunting, be safe.
gruntahunta

Post by gruntahunta »

congrats on the deer. for me part of the enjoyment of hunting is processing the game i am lucky enough to harvest and geting better at it as i do more and still finding better ways of doing some things.

do you guys hang your deer to cure for a while? i once cooked and ate some meat the day it was harvested but I wouldn't do that agane.
responsible hunters are true conservationists and game managers.
sunset

hanging

Post by sunset »

Yes, I'm a firm believer in letting it hang. This time of the year it involves knowing which butcher will allow it in his meat locker...in Ontario few are permitted any more. So make your inquirys ahead of time. When the weather is cool enough you can let it hang outside at home and simply take it to a butcher after it has aged to your liking. Mine hang for a week and no less. However I've often wondered if there are benefits in going beyond a week. Anyone hang beyond a week?
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

I do it myself. A friend showed me how to shin it, which is not hard to do he also explained how he would butcher it also.
Last year I counld not find anyone to butcher it but read up on it quit a bit before hand. Its a fair bit of work but worth. Herd some bad stories about some places. I take the scrape meat to a butcher for sausages.
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

took one in this am,dont know the butchering cost but skinning is $25.00.I go to this butcher every year, they also do my bears.If I knew the skinnig cost ahead of time I would have done it myself.
xbowkidd

Post by xbowkidd »

thanks for all the info/advice guys. i will post pictures when i get a chance.(my laptop started on fire)
Team Dryfire