debate

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dutchhunter

debate

Post by dutchhunter »

I listened to obama and macain last night and to be a middel class person u have to make 250k a year were does that leave guys like me .I work in heavy equipment and it is mostly a far weather job and on a good year working from april till november 12 hour days i would be darn lucky to make 50K 60k i geuess that makes me below poverty.I have two kids and a lovely wife and feel very blessed but i donot see a lot of help coming from are goverment up north for folks like me .thy always want to help the ones that donot need it .anybody that has had to applie for goverment help in canada knows it is a joke . but thy just dont see it .the people that make less then 50 k a year are the ones that need the tax break how cn u put two kids thru school .pay a houes and a car with insurense and save for a rainy day .add to that the rest of the bills phone gass hydro .food & hunting and we are almost in the poor houes at the end of each month .what happens when we have no more work becoues houeses are not selling .nobody needs a bull dozer or a crane if things are not selling .it is kind of scary for us looking ahead .we donot know how much work i will get this coming year .how do u plan for this .thanks for lissening my 2 cents DUTCH ps last year i had too sell my xocet 200 in the winter to make ends meet . sad day
Grizzly Adam

Re: debate

Post by Grizzly Adam »

dutchhunter wrote:... on a good year working from april till november 12 hour days i would be darn lucky to make 50K 60k ...
Wish I made 50 or 60k a year. Must be nice. :D

Wonder what class I am? :shock:
Grizz
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

i make $6,684 a year $557 a month so iknow fer a fact i am poverty. i am able to exist and hunt and fish have lovely mrs too. i am blessed thank God i am able to get by. my mrs draws $160 a month added to mine. she will draw SS this coming june so add another $600 a month. its tuff but the tuff get going! :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
dutchhunter

this is my point

Post by dutchhunter »

I am truly blessed .I do not know how the poeple in chargethink the avarege family can make it with a houes car and utillitys plus put the kids thru school .it seems thy want to help the people that donot need it .the rich get richer and the poor get poorer .We do not know what next year will bring i may not have any work at all .So were does thatleave the avarage guy .we are loseing more jobs here in the car and truck market here every day .I have a lot of friends looking st forclosers this coming year .I just hope the goverment starts to help the guy next door . DUTCH
DanO

Post by DanO »

They can start by taking a long hard look at Free Trade. I don't think either country is doing well under the deal but the multi=nationals sure are as well as their CEO's.

Hang in their DutchHunter things will turn around. This has happened before and it will happen again. Try not to worry about the things you can't control. Don't watch the news if you want to reduce your stress.

DanO.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

DanO wrote: Try not to worry about the things you can't control. Don't watch the news if you want to reduce your stress.
Good advice there!

I'm TV-free ... may not be stress-free, but I'm less stressed than many of the rest! :D :D
Grizz
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I wondered the samething.. they all think of middle class as guys that 250k or more... to me thats upper class LOL

middle class should be more along the lines of 15-40k

50-60k is hard to find around these parts also and if you make that, you are rich here :lol:
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

LOL I applied for a job and spent 8 months trying to get it for $85,000 a year. They hired a young girl vet. Bummer... I sat on the Chase Bank board that disseminated funds to the needy in the community. They were talking about poverty guidelines one day. Hell I fit into the template! Oh well I sure have fun in spite of living in a small town where the economy sucks!
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

DrDan - you need to move up here and work for my vet clinic: Today I was charged $65 to look at the dog and drawing blood, plus $130 for thyroid test (2 part - the more expensive one). Quick in and out visit. Ouch.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Vix
That sounds about right. I might have been about $30 less here.
Phoenix - Equinox
DrDan
wabi

Post by wabi »

About all I can tell you is that "wabi the plumber" sure doesn't have to worry about paying taxes on 250K. :roll:
I would rather work enough to survive, and then use all the extra hours for hunting, fishing, and trapping. A lot easier on the mind & body to worry about when the fish are going to bite, or when the deer are going to move, than on how I can make more money so I can pay higher taxes.

BTW - Unlike "Joe the plumber" I AM state licensed, that costs about $3K per year to comply with continuing education, required insurance, license fees, etc.
wabi
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

DrDan wrote: I might have been about $30 less here.
Maybe I should have come to Ohio this past summer.

I had a small outpatient procedure on my back, to remove a simple cyst.

The doc spent about 10 minutes cutting and cleaning.

The damage?

$2850 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That's $17,100 an hour!

All any other staff did was shave a patch of my back, and swab it with some iodine mixture. :? :?

Crazy. :evil:
Grizz
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Grizz

The surgery only be $20 but shaving them mats off your back be a couple hundred bucks. Probably ruin several clippers. I know you been using that bear grease for way too long!

Actually the price of medicine is freaking ridiculous! I told this SOB doctor that I wanted the bill at the end of each visit for the third degree burn on my butt (I sat on a Surefire flashlight for 20 minutes in Maine). Well I was told by the girl that they weren't prepared to accept cash. I went to him twice for about 5 minutes each time. He scraped the dead tissue off and made it bleed. Wow far out - I got a bill two weeks later for $478. I canceled the last scheduled appointment and never went back. Guess what? The next time he brings his dog in the bill will be $478 no matter what I do!
Phoenix - Equinox
DrDan
wabi

Post by wabi »

DrDan wrote:Grizz

The surgery only be $20 but shaving them mats off your back be a couple hundred bucks. Probably ruin several clippers. I know you been using that bear grease for way too long!

Actually the price of medicine is freaking ridiculous! I told this SOB doctor that I wanted the bill at the end of each visit for the third degree burn on my butt (I sat on a Surefire flashlight for 20 minutes in Maine). Well I was told by the girl that they weren't prepared to accept cash. I went to him twice for about 5 minutes each time. He scraped the dead tissue off and made it bleed. Wow far out - I got a bill two weeks later for $478. I canceled the last scheduled appointment and never went back. Guess what? The next time he brings his dog in the bill will be $478 no matter what I do!
DrDan,
Reminds me of the time I did a job for a local attorney, who was doing some deed work for me. I went in to pick up the paperwork and he wanted to know what my bill was. I asked him what his bill was, and he stuttered for a minute then said, "Oh hell, just call it even!" I told him that was probably fair as I had about the same amount of time involved as he did! :lol: :lol:
wabi
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Wabi

Yup - I was born and raised on the barter system... I used to do artificial insemination of cattle in WVa. Lots of people didn't have money so I got lots of quarts of green beans, jam and jelly, tools, etc. Loved it!
Phoenix - Equinox
DrDan