Controlled shotgun Hunt?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MADMAX2

Controlled shotgun Hunt?

Post by MADMAX2 »

Just wondering if anyone here in ONT got their tag yet? and if they did was it choice 1?
The best things in life are not things!!
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I just got mine this afternoon! Have to admit I was getting a bit worried. My husband's didn't arrive with the mail today though and we applied at the same time. :? Hopefully his will arrive early next week. They're cutting it close this year!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Big John

b

Post by Big John »

Got mine as well. :)
First choice.
Just hoping i'll get to use my tags this season. :(
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

I got mine but there was no mandatory report with it and the label for the report was blank .has this happened to anyone else?
dutchhunter

yes

Post by dutchhunter »

yaaaa it is here .the mandatory report will come latter in the form of a post card .Here is a Q .my bow tag came with a seal ie licence .my ontroled tag whitch cam today does not have a seal .If i have already used my bow tag what do i put around the horn in the gun hunt to attach my controled tag on . DUTCH
peter p

Re: yes

Post by peter p »

dutchhunter wrote:yaaaa it is here .the mandatory report will come latter in the form of a post card .Here is a Q .my bow tag came with a seal ie licence .my ontroled tag whitch cam today does not have a seal .If i have already used my bow tag what do i put around the horn in the gun hunt to attach my controled tag on . DUTCH
With controlled hunt you don't get a seal you just get the licence to hunt in that wmu.
What you have to do is get an additional game seal for archery so you don't have to use your original deer tag in the archery hunt. You then use your original deer seal for the controlled deer hunt.
dutchhunter

seals

Post by dutchhunter »

all the additional saels are for does .if i shot a buck with my bow .i tag it with my deer lic .I have an additiona tag for a doe in bow season .so what do i us in the controled hunt with my tag
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

This whole tag thing confuses me..
So are you saying that I can use my shotgun with my deer tag in the shotgun season? I thought is was archery only?
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
dutchhunter

tags

Post by dutchhunter »

u have to be drawn in the controled hunt
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Phew.. I could never get the arrow to stay in place in that thing anyways.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Adrian J Hare

Re: seals

Post by Adrian J Hare »

dutchhunter wrote:all the additional saels are for does .if i shot a buck with my bow .i tag it with my deer lic .I have an additiona tag for a doe in bow season .so what do i us in the controled hunt with my tag
My additional seal for the control hunt says Antlered OR Antlerless :wink:
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
kitty kat

Post by kitty kat »

I got my tag today also. I was begining to think I wasn't going to be shotgun hunting this season. I will have to pick up an additional seal next week. In other years they were good for bucks or does. :lol:
Excalibur Exomax and Arctic Cat 400 auto. Life don't get much better than that.
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

A few years back a couple of us had got antlered only in the shotgun hunt but the last few years the tags were for antlered or antlerless :?
The best things in life are not things!!
DanO

Post by DanO »

The additional tags say BOW ONLY so I think you're out of luck if you used the first tag already.

Dan O. :(
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

Let me try to help some that don't understand this system and believe me it is not easy to understand, just i'm an Old Guy and have done it for a few years :wink:

Differences between Game Seals and hunting permits...

When you first buy a deer licence you get (A) game seal with it and it can be used for Bow hunting season(Bucks only) gun hunting season in open rifle areas (Bucks only) This licence comes with a application for you to hunt anterless deer in the WMU you have appled for or want to hunt with the seal that came with this permit.

If you want another game seal you needed to Phone in on the date (August 5th) to get an extra game seal for the or some area you wanted to hunt. Some areas offer many extra game seals and can be bought untill they are gone from that office or WMU. This would have gave you 2 or more game seals each costing $37.30 a peice.

If you are hunting in a controlled hunt area (Shotgun onlys) you had to apply to be picked as One hunter in the area you wanted. All you get is a small sticker that says that you can hunt in WMU (?) and you can use your game seal you all ready have or got with your deer licence the first time on a Anter or Antlerless deer. This is not an extra game seal.... It is a permit to hunt the controlled hunt only....

Some areas with lower populations of deer in the second season (December) change every couple years to allowing both antlered or antlerless to just Antlered only.

To get an extra game seal for the controlled hunt you needed to be at a Service Ontario location on October 15th (this passed week) to get another game seal to use on a deer in the controlled area you planned on hunting - only if you had got choosen to hunt the WMU you applied for.

This would have gave you 3 game seals. However if you are hunting with someone that holds a game seal, you can hunt on his game seal as a party hunting rule, but this is only if your friend agrees to tag or seal a deer you shoot while with him. Do Not try to hunt alone without another hunter if you do not hold a game seal because hunting alone can be concidered "Hunting with no licence" as you have used your game seal all ready.

Hope that helps,,,

I'm going turkey filming :wink:
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx