Pennsylvania antler restrictions.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

radio2operate

Pennsylvania antler restrictions.

Post by radio2operate »

After 50 years of bow and rifle seasons in Pa. this has been my most exciting.I saw more bucks in the two and a half weeks I hunted and none of them were the usual scrubs of years past.I know many people were not happy with the antler restrictions and control of the deer herd but after these past couple of weeks I am a believer in the program.Here in western Pa. a legal buck must have 4 points on one side. This is allowing many more bucks of trophy size.I saw 11 bucks before I killed an 8 point and it was not as nice as five other great bucks I saw.The buck to doe ratio is amazing now.I saw far more bucks then I did doe. In the past you saw far more doe then bucks.Yes the total number of deer is less but when I can see the number of bucks I saw and the size of racks I saw I could not be more happy.Well I got to break in my new Vortex I got just before the season started.It sure did a great job and I am happy with the purchase.I was using an After Shock Archery Hyper Shock mechanical broadhead and it did a great job. No tracking to do.I did take some pictures but when I was loading them into the computer I somehow deleted them from my camera and lost them.
Wishbone

Post by Wishbone »

Congrats on the nice buck. Sounds like an awesome day... Way to break in that Vortex. Too back about the pictures though.
Kevin
Every moment in the woods is a gift from above, having the Excalibur with is a blessing...
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

congrats on harvesting the Buck and breaking in the vortex. your pic & camera stuff sounds like me when i first started learning about these digital cameras. i still am learning about them
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
mikej

Post by mikej »

congrats do you have pictures
radio2operate

Post by radio2operate »

I did take pictures but lost them somehow when trying to upload them to my computer.I don't know what happened because I have uploaded pictures many times in the past.
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Congratulations!!!
Orion

Post by Orion »

C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\My Pictures\2008-10 (Oct)-09

Heres an 11 pt I got Last week here in PA, I to have seen more Bucks this year. Hope it continues!!!
Orion

Post by Orion »

[imhttp://s401.photobucket.com/albums/pp100/SCPO8251/?mediafilter=imagesg]

Here it is again I hope[/img]
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

I tried and I can not get it , but Congrats on the buck...
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx