BLOOD ON THE ROAD

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Grizzly Adam

BLOOD ON THE ROAD

Post by Grizzly Adam »

I was up early, as usual ... well before dawn. About 7:00, just at sunrise, I was reading the news on WITN's website, coffee in hand, when through the study window I saw a silver Chevy kingcab 4X4 come slipping down the road, turn around at the dead end, and go slipping away again.

About ten seconds later, KA-BOOM!

From long experience, I know what that means:

ROAD SHOOTER! :evil:

I ran into the front room in time to see them throw a deer into the back of the truck and take off, fast, of course.

I hastened to give chase, but I had to get some shoes on and the truck was covered with frost. No dice. They were gone by the time I got down the road.

I came back and stopped at the site of the crime.

Blood ... deer hair ... boot tracks.

But not hunter's tracks.

They don't deserve a title so honorable.

That's the second deer poached on our place this week (that I know of).

Shiftless, low-life, road-riding riff-raff.

Funny ... they didn't leave any slime on the road.

A pox upon them. May their tribe decrease. :evil:
Grizz
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

hate to hear that & its not right. i have nite lite users here most every nite shooting at or hitting the few deer here. only have total of 40 acres i get to hunt
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Benu

Post by Benu »

10 years ago one of my first hunting seasons, when I trusted others to organize things for me and just showed up. I went with a casual friend from work. His uncle claimed to be a trophy hunter, he was to take us out. I was so excited. Sadly the day consisted of driving around across fields searching for deer. The one bush I pushed for the other guys, had a nice buck in it. However the uncle was crazily shooting at it's ass, as it ran by me in the field. Later that day he slammed through an electric fence. Then the only deer I saw, a doe and two fawns, less than 100 yards. Two yahoos in the front jump out. I'm trapped in the back of the truck, side seat can't get out past 4th passenger who is two lazy to bother. The yahoos empty their mags, reload as the doe is coming back out to collect the fawns who haven't ran yet amazingly. Thank God they were terrible shots. It was a horrible experience and it turned me off hunting until this year when I took it up over the winter on my own and eventually found this forum through my local shop.

Looking back on that day I don't know how truck hunters live with themselves. They give all of the rest of us a bad name because they make the news and we don't. I guess a man alone in the bush, cold, tired, and wet doesn't sell papers the way poachers do. Unless its a Jack London book.
Take it easy.

Jason

2008 Phoenix
Varizone Scope
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
huntman

Post by huntman »

BASTARDS~!~!
Bluefish024

Post by Bluefish024 »

That sucks Grizz... That kinda crap starts from a young age, not having any ETHICS.....Somebody's has been poaching up the street from us.. A good friend of mine is a Ranger and has set up night cams hope they get'm
Phoenix for Mrs/ Exocet 200 for me
Vari-zone / CompM3 Aimpoint
Boo strings
STS systems
New and improved,,,,kiss of death bolts...
wabi

Post by wabi »

That's one thing I like about Ohio's new method of placing a "restitution value" on game now. You get caught poaching, you not only pay a fine, you pay a value placed on the animal. I hope poachers loose their taste for high priced meat quickly.
wabi
saxman

Post by saxman »

Road runnin $%# &^$%# (&*^% and $@#&^&* *&%$%## and @@$*( (*&^%

Cant stand them

Wouldnt you love to do what crocadile dundee did in his movie where he gave the kangaroo a rifle
It would be so funny if the deer they shoot at started shooting back
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Called our Wildlife Officer this morning at 8:00.

Thought maybe I could get 'em to set up a Robobuck. 8)

Still hasn't returned my call. :?
Grizz
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

VA. I KNOW IS ONE OF THE WORST STATES WITH THIS PROBLEM, WE HAVE ALOT OF DEER, NOTHING HAPPENS WHEN SOMEONE IS CAUGHT SMACK ON THE HAND :evil: BUT IF YOU'RE STANDING NEXT TO YOUR TRUCK PUTTING YOUR GUN BEHIND THE SEAT AND NO ORANGE ON S.O.B. WILL RIGHT YOU A TICKET. I'VE HEARD A NUMBER OF SHOTS TONITE, HALF THE DEER SHOT WON'T BE FOUND UNTIL TOMOROW BY REAL HUNTERS

WES
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers