Some pic's from end of Sept till today ...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mikej

Post by mikej »

great pics as usual rj
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Nice pictures and even a nicer looking farm. How many acres do you have there? There wouldn't be a job opened for a maintenance man, would there?

Grey Owl
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Beautiful place you've got there RJ!!!! I could see myself in a place like that, but that isn't going to happen any time soon.

Congrats on the buck, he's a good looking deer!!!

Keep the pics coming when you get the time.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Fergie10

Post by Fergie10 »

wow that is a dream home you deserve and once again awesome photos
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Thanks all ...

Pinched many pennies to get enough together to make the farm purchase a reality ! ... farms don't seem to be getting any cheaper !

Didn't have much money left over for extras , so my wife and I are doing all the renovations ... mostly paint , wall paper , flooring etc.

As for the pictures ... Still snapping them when I can and the weather allows ..

cdup wrote :
Beautiful pics., and nice buck! Sure looks like that buck of yours would go wider than 16".
I wasn't 100% sure how the scoring went for the forum contest ? ... I heard inside spread ... widest inside spread point was 19 inches ... average was approx 18 inches ... But one left side tine turns in slightly so I went by the closest , which was approx 16 inches ..

Grew Owl wrote :
Nice pictures and even a nicer looking farm. How many acres do you have there? There wouldn't be a job opened for a maintenance man, would there?
Most farms here are much smaller than you are use to in Saskachewan ! ... Mine is 100 acre ( 65 workable , 35 bush ).

As for the Mtce job ... Things OK at the University ? How are things on your 800 + acre paradise ! ?
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Sorry about getting back to you so late R.J.

Things at the back 800 acres, are just hunky dorey. As for the University, there not any better. We (all the staff) have just told H.R. to stick the over time, up you know where. That oughta cause a crisis here. All 11 of us are sticking together, and will not be intimidated, there's tons of work here in Saskatchewan, and Saskatoon for that matter.
Hey, 100 acres of prime Southern Ontario land is gold. I sure do marvel at the beauty of Ontario. Your trees are awesome. I sure love your home. Have you ever found out the history of it? Man if the walls could talk. Hell that house was built when there was still the odd wild Buffalo roaming the praires.
No more permission to hunt, hey. Just go hang your stand where you want. That's real cool.

Happy hunting, buddy.
Neil
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Good to hear from you Neil ... Also good to hear you guys are holding tight against the University !

I wanted to try to get back to Saskachewan , but the farm purchase has left me strapped for now .... Saving up for a tractor next ! :lol:

Happy hunting on your 800 + acre paradise !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
radio2operate

Post by radio2operate »

Sure are some great photo's.I wonder what camera you are using.You sure have a beautiful place to live and hunt.Congrats on the nice 8 point you harvested.I also like the nice Excalibur you are using. Is that the 25 year bow?
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

I'm using a Pentax K100D ... but Chris 4570 gets better clairty photo's with a Canon S3 point and shoot ..

The Canon S3. is a great deal for the money .
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

My dial up isn't letting me look.. I know I am missing something good. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

:lol: :lol: Yep my posts are a burden on dial up ! ... Sorry !