Buck Bomb

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Apple_Orchard wrote: So,..you guys really think the Buck Bombs are worth the price?? Are you getting good results?
I'm not a believer yet. I guess I don't paint the woods like you folks. I've used my can of Doe-P about six times already and still have about half a can. I've made sure to paint some on nearby limb or leaves to make the scent hang around. It does smell fresh.

Ironically, the 8-point that I took Monday afternoon after 15 minutes in the stand is the only deer I've seen in two weeks. It is also the first time in two weeks that I haven't sprayed the Bomb. Surely a coincidence. Maybe mine is a can of deer repellent. :lol:

For $10 a can, I'm still spraying it till its gone.

DuckHunt
dutchhunter

not a beliveer yet

Post by dutchhunter »

have tried several cans so far and when i set them off thy are done befroe i can even climb the ladder to my stand most last 30 secondes is this right some cans have a seaL ON THE LID others did not should thy last longer then 30 sec DUTCH
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I bought some without a seal on the lid and they felt lighter than the ones with the seals. I don't want to think the place I bought them from was using partial cans and then selling the 1/2 cans, but I don't buy them anymore unless they have the seal.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

ecoaster wrote:I bought some without a seal on the lid and they felt lighter than the ones with the seals. I don't want to think the place I bought them from was using partial cans and then selling the 1/2 cans, but I don't buy them anymore unless they have the seal.
INTERESTING.
I noticed the same thing.

Last week I had 3 cans put aside for me when a new shipment came in. 2 of the 3 didn't have seals and felt lighter. My husband just took a closer look at the 2 we have left and noticed that the store label covered up the size indicator on the container. According to the printing on the cans the container without a seal contains 3 oz, while the sealed one contains 5 oz.!

To add insult to injury, the ones I'd bought a few weeks earlier at the same place (5 oz) were $11.95 while the unsealed 3 oz were $12.95... HUH?!?!?!??!? :evil: I'll be making sure that doesn't happen to me again.... :twisted:

Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Benu

Post by Benu »

That's a real kick in the ass! I don't even want to look at my cans. Next year I am not wasting my money. I think they are selling us dreams. When do get a deer, it is result of careful planning and patience. That said I will use my remaining can this weekend and next week. And I will punch holes in both of them to get the most for my money.
Take it easy.

Jason

2008 Phoenix
Varizone Scope
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Funny the topic of partial cans is coming up, I thought it was just me who experienced that. The store I bought mine from offered me my money back on the 6 I bought, but I still think I got a good deal for the simple reason I could not find them anywhere else. yesterday the shop I deal with got in an order, some had seals, some didn't, she promptly packed them back up to send back.
I weighed the unopened to the opened, there is indeed a difference.

The plot thickens..
I trust my shop, they would not intentionally deceive anyone. I opened a can a "doe P" in my tree stand, I could tell it was heavier than the rest I have been using. When I popped the top I noticed a bit of mud on the spray nozzle, I was a bit set back. When I pushed the dispenser it just bubbled from the top. I assumed that it had been returned at some point due to this clog. (Not returned to our store). I waited until I emptied another can then simply replaced the nozzle and it worked fine.
So, I spoke to the store I bought it and explained that the cans are supposed to come sealed, she called the supplier and they said maybe someone in the warehouse was spraying them. We all know what happens with one of those indoors..
I think someone along the distribution line is using them partially and then putting them back in the box. I am very surprised to hear it is happening everywhere though.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I like the convenience of the product - I like that I can just spray as I'm walking. So much easier than scent drags, dabbing, hanging, etc. I like that I can cover my decoy in it in a second.

HOWEVER....
Although I resent the price increase, I'm furious that they're selling 3 oz along with the 5 oz as they same thing, especially when the content amount is covered up. That's unacceptable & unethical! :evil: :evil: :evil:

For that reason alone, I won't be purchasing any more at my local store. :evil: I'm very disappointed that "my store" would do this to me. It's cost them my trust.

I'll use a little pump bottle and fill some other scents into it - will give me about the same convenience.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:shock: First off lighting one of those off in a store would be kind of funny :lol: As for the local store covering the contents quantity does not surprise me . :x I found the shop down by Bishopgate alot more accommidating .I guess their reputation means something to them .
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Doe Master wrote::shock: First off lighting one of those off in a store would be kind of funny :lol: As for the local store covering the contents quantity does not surprise me . :x I found the shop down by Bishopgate alot more accommidating .I guess their reputation means something to them .
They are more than accommodating. They are who I brought the whole "no seal" issue up with, she instantly got on the phone and tried to resolve it. I told her right off that it wasn't a complaint, it was just a heads up to their supplier. I didn't want to start a thread like this because I didn't want it to be isolated, now that I see it is happening everywhere I am comfortable sharing what I have learned about the cans..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
LondonDave

Post by LondonDave »

I was just looking at a Bass Pro Shop catalog that I have and it has Buck Bombs in it.....Get this....Bass Pro is selling 2 oz cans for basically the same price as everywhere else!

Something very fishing is going on with the 3 different sized cans for the same price. I could see if the price was different and the cans were clearly different sizes (which they are not) but to sell them the way they are being sold is very wrong.

Has anyone thought to contact Buck Bomb or whatever the company name is?

Dave
2007 Exomax
String by "Boo"
Bolts by "GREYWOLF" and "John"
Dan Miller quiver mount
Varizone Scope
Butler Creek and Excalibur scope caps
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Doe Master wrote:... As for the local store covering the contents quantity does not surprise me ...
Ya know Kevin, I really was suprised. I thought better of that store. I'm quite disappointed.
fletch

Post by fletch »

Hey Vix I just checked my cans and I have the same deal one 3oz and one 5oz paid the exact same price for both. Canadian tire has the 5oz cans for 10.49. That is in Ottawa abit of a drive for you. :lol:
Exomax w/ Lumizone
custom Boo string w/silencers
GT II's w/r helical 4 deg offset
Slik Triks and Lumenoks
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Our CTs and WalMarts don't have any. :cry:
LondonDave

Post by LondonDave »

Just got back from a trip to Gander Mountain in Port Huron MI. Lots of Buck Bombs in stock. $9.99 for 5 oz can. Bought 4 cans of Doe in Estrus. All cans are sealed however they did have some Acorn scent cans that were not and they were considerably lighter. The Doe In E cans are definitely heavier than the can of Dominant Buck that I got from CT in St. Thomas. That can was not sealed. I don't know how many oz's because I didn't look and I don't have the can any longer.

Reading the instructions on the label it is obviously intended to be able to used a bit at a time. The instructions say....

Partially depress tab fo short busrst or lock down to empty (approximately 90 seconds)

I'll be putting it to the test on Monday afternoon.

Dave
2007 Exomax
String by "Boo"
Bolts by "GREYWOLF" and "John"
Dan Miller quiver mount
Varizone Scope
Butler Creek and Excalibur scope caps
dw

Post by dw »

i just checked mine that i bought from walmart in maryland 3 oz and sealed. $10.00. the inventor of the buck bomb lives in md. the walmarts here vary in price i'll have to check the labels on them for weight.
"dw"
"you gotta love it"