O/T Disability

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

O/T Disability

Post by raydaughety »

I think that it's time to put my pride aside and see about getting some help. I have been fighting the pain for 6 years now and back then I was encouraged by one of my doctors to apply for disability but I decided to keep working because, well... I could work and I felt that it was the right thing to do. Now that things are changing and working full time is nearly impossible. A while back some one had posted some help information on disability, SS ans so on. If that person remembers that conversation with me please send me a PM.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
kitty kat

Post by kitty kat »

You might as well go for it if you can. Why should you suffer in pain and really ruin your life for a little pride. Who said that a disabled person cant do some work. Maybe you could still do something constructive for the company you are still with. Nothing ventured nothing gained. I am sure you have worked long enought to be entitled to the assistance you will be getting. Hope it all workes out for you. :)
Excalibur Exomax and Arctic Cat 400 auto. Life don't get much better than that.
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

Ray, I got hurt in the coal mines in E. Ky. in 1981. I have had 9 back surgries and both hips replaced. I was 38 years old 6'3", 265lbs with a 34 inch waist and 21 inch biceps. I was in my prime and much of a man. I was in a wheel chair for 16 months and told I would never walk unasisted. Took me almost 3 years before I was able to get around. I continue to work at it every day. I am 65 and able climb into my tree stands. I was a very proud man and did not want to live on worksman comp and Social Security. At 38 I was not mentally ready to retire. I delt with the phyical aspect several years before I was able to handle the mental. I live every day with pain. I just grit my teeth and live with it with the help of asprin and aleve. Do what you have to do and never look back or be ashamed of what you have to do. No one knows better than I what a difficult road you have ahead. If there is anything I can do or you need to talk let me know.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

all you have to do is call social security.
jay
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
Brainiac

Post by Brainiac »

Go get a lawyer, it takes a long time. I got it in three years with a lawyer..It would have taken me five years + without one....
Benu

Post by Benu »

Go for it Ray. No one needs to be in pain.
Take it easy.

Jason

2008 Phoenix
Varizone Scope
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Brainiac wrote:Go get a lawyer, it takes a long time. I got it in three years with a lawyer..It would have taken me five years + without one....
3 years :shock: :shock: :shock: Is that the norm :?: I hope not.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Brainiac

Post by Brainiac »

I'm 27, so that may have had to do with it.. I would file with SS, when and they will turn you down. then get a lawyer. A lawyer wont miss with it unless they get some money out of it.But, by law they cant take but so much....
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Ray,

I was sitting around the farmhouse after the morning hunt with the guys and I asked Becks (the attorney) about social security and obtaining disability.

He said that social security routinely turns down the very first request just as a matter of fact. He also stated that they are so backed up on hearings that it may take a little over two years before your case would be heard.

One thing he made very clear. Get yourself an attorney that specializes in Social Security Disability cases. They make it almost impossible for the average individual to wade through all the BS and bring a case to closure and you absolutely need an attorney.
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

Ray,

It was one of the hardest decisions I ever had to make when I decided to file for Social Security Disability four years ago. The reality was that I was in so much constant pain that I really wasn't doing myself or my employer any favors. Nor was I a pleasure to live with. Thank god I married a wonderful gal.

I filed for disability on my own, without a lawyer, and was approved in four months. It can be done, it is all in the details. The hardest thing was waiting for the two years to go by so that I could access the Medicare system.

You worked hard all of you life and paid into the Social Security system. Thats what it is there for.

If I can be of any help let me know.

bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
MrBigSticks

Post by MrBigSticks »

I got injured at work in 2002 and with the help of a lawyer it took me almost 5 years to get disability. There is no shame in it i feel a person has paid his dues over the years and that is what disability is for the unfortunate people.
Team: heartstoppers
exocet 200, hawke luminated reticle scope,cow whacker bolts and 125gr slick tricks