what do you dislike most about the shotgun hunt

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

munch

Post by munch »

Sleeping Dog wrote:Wow Munch...How did a simple post turn into a debate on hunter ethics :( .

Some like the shotgun / blackpowder hunt some don't; personally I firmly believe that - for true hunters - hunting is about the journey, not the destination.

I don't participate in the shotgun hunt, but I support it. I don't hunt bear, but I support it. I'll never shoot a polar bear, but I support a sustainable hunt. If we consider ourselves hunters it's important to remember that hunting is a lifestyle, not a sport or a pastime.

There is no room for disention or selectivity within the hunting community.
SD
its not that i don,t like the shotgun hunt but it sounds like the bore war going on with all the shooting and not just from one area. i heard it in every direction on a dayley bases .when you hear 1 shot with maybe a follow up single shot 2 minutes latter it does not sound like a bunch of trigger happy hunters out in the woods and i think that makes use all look bad.i know that almost every place i ask to hunt they want to know how many people are going to be hunting. i don,t know if anyone eles is getting the same storys but latley i have had a lot of land owners tell me that they do not like the idea of 12 people surrounding a bush and 6 more driveing the deer out and groups trying to shot every last deer.i myself no it is easy to get perm. to hunt when the land owner knows you hunt yourself and with a bow .and that could be that they dont think you are a threat to the prop. or livestock.not sure but i thought i heard a story of a car getting the window shot out near simcoe this season could be just a story but thats not good .
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Sleeping Dog

Post by Sleeping Dog »

You're absolutely correct on all counts. I recently wrote a piece on "perception is reality" on my hunting blog http://www.sooutdoors.ca/hunting_blog.html . The situation you describe is exactly why I choose to hunt alone or with a couple of friends that I know extremely well.
SD
Visit the Sleeping Dog at Southern Ontario Outdoors
http://www.sooutdoors.ca
hunter7558

Post by hunter7558 »

I THINK 5 DAYS IS NOT LONG ENOUGH...I WISH IT WAS 6 DAYS OR 10 DAYS WOULD BE GREAT :D
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

I drive ready mix and have so far counted four "untrackable" deer since Monday along various roads. :x
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
Close Up

Post by Close Up »

1 bad hunter gives a bad image for a 100 good hunters.I shotgun hunt the same way as you, Isit in a stand and wait.If I take a shot it is 1 and then I lower the gun and watch were it goes.