Canadian firearms program trouble

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carnivorous

Canadian firearms program trouble

Post by Carnivorous »

I applied to renew my possesion & aquisition like a good citizen of Ontario & wouldn't you know it they sent me a letter saying info is missing or invalid. I don't get it. I don't even have so much as a parking ticket my whole life & went over the form with my wife several times so we did not miss anything. I am thinking it's probably nothing however my level of trust in the program is rather low. And I have heard my fair share of horror stories.

Anyone else have the same issue before?
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

It is just a renewal? I wouldn't sweat it, sounds like you simply forgot to input some information.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Did they at least tell you what you were missing :? . Our tax dollars at work :roll: .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Yep just a renewal & have had my Lic for 20 years now. They do not tell you what is wrong but give you a # to call & talk to an officer. Am going to call in the morning to see what's up. Good times...
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
peter p

Post by peter p »

Yea it happened to me.
There was a question about your spouse...something like your former spouses name. I never had a former spouse so I never filled that part in, but there is a check box that says "not applicable" which I never checked.
Decoy Dan

Post by Decoy Dan »

I received a similar letter last year when I was renewing mine. I tried to contact them that day but could not get through before they closed.
The next day I phoned and finally got to talk to someone after listening to some really bad elavator music for over an hour. they looked into my application and told me that my PAL had allready been processed. Mine showed up in the mail the next day.

hope it shows up for you soon.

Dan.
I'll let my exocet do my talking.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

when I applied for my FAC years ago, They called me in for a interview, they asked me about my criminal record and with all myarmed robberies why I would even apply. I told them I have no criminal record and as it turned out they had someone elses info under my name. When they do background check they just put in a birth date and if someones name is close to yours it will come up with theres as well. Same thing happened to my wife. Someone had her same name and birthday.
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

same thing happened to me ,had to phone in and answer a question about my spouse,the lady sad this question is missed quite often,not to worry.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

And I thought only the US was replete with mindless bureaucrats!
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Called today & yep it was the any other spouse ? that we missed. I told the lady it will be 20 years for us in July so if I have been married that long I must be an OK guy... LOL
beretta96D

Post by beretta96D »

My last renewal I got someone else's card! When I called, they had the nerve to tell me to look again, they don't make those kinds of mistakes! I said lady, that's not my god damn picture on it, I look in the mirror once a day, I know what I look like!

As Red Foreman says, DUMB ASS!
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

Can you say money pit!
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

a buddy of mine applied .....said he needed more info too.....he's unsure of what infor they want as well ...no criminal history etc ....but was recently divorced....ended up they wanted more info on his divorce....
Mountain Man

Post by Mountain Man »

The whole registry is a joke. One of the reasons I wanted Harper to get his majority - he wants to scrap the thing!

I remember they called my wife and asked her a bunch of questions. Apparently, I had forgotten to get her to sign or fill out part of the form. Imagine, I've been hunting for 30 years (15 years before I met my wife), and I needed her permission to continue to do the passtime I love :x

I don't recall anyone calling for my permission when my wife bought her new butcher knife :lol:

Mountain Man
charlie4

Post by charlie4 »

Lets forget about the real criminals and keep the law abiding people in check. What a joke.