Luminocks with the Excalibur

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

huntman

Luminocks with the Excalibur

Post by huntman »

Has anyone tried shooting the luminocks with their excal? I bought a package and have been shooting this afternoon but i have a problem i cant correct.

Shooting Carbon Laser GII with 100 grain slick trick
20 yards - perfect
30 yards - perfect
40 yards - 1 shot 6" left perfect hight
2 shot perfect with any ajudsment
3 shot 5' left
4 shot perfect
All this with no adjusment for the exception of the speed dial adjustment at 30 yards. I know the luminock is adding weight in the back but why the inconsistency??? There is not a strong wind this afternoon that would effect a long range shot... any suggestions?
Last edited by huntman on Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TB

Post by TB »

Increase FOC go to 150 gr boltcutters. The variation at longer ranges is why Excal went to the 150gr broadhead. Do a search for Bill's response to this problem. I had the same inconsistancy at the longer ranges with the 100gr broadhead (Wasp Boss).
bow4it

Post by bow4it »

Love them.........shot 4 deer this season with them and it was awesome to see that bright led. worked every time. 35 yds was the longest shot, but I shoot 50 yds in the back yard.
fletch

Post by fletch »

Search for Lumenok and you will find 2 vids I posted on the change in POI when using them. I see you are finding changes also but I think heavy heads will correct consistency problems.
Exomax w/ Lumizone
custom Boo string w/silencers
GT II's w/r helical 4 deg offset
Slik Triks and Lumenoks
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Luminoks are excellent at telling you where your shot placement is. I shot a buck last year during some freezing rain ( Dont ever do that ) The bow was iced up and I didnt realize it. Anyways the bolt went high and right and stuck in the deer, out of reach for him i suppose. I could track him in the dark just following the bouncing l.e.d. I ended covering alot of ground that night and I found him. I am 100% sure i would not have if it were not for the luminok. That luminok was lit all night and I am still using it this year.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-