Estrous doe urine - how old is too old?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Savagevervet

Estrous doe urine - how old is too old?

Post by Savagevervet »

I admit this is a really strange question, but does estrous doe urine ever go bad? When I tore the packaging off the bottle I bought last year it didn't occur to me to look for a "Best if used by..." date (or as the Budweiser brewery in St. Louis is fond of doing, stamping a "Born on" date on the bottom of the can).

Common sense tells me that this stuff can't last forever. Does it ferment in a bad way or, like a good wine, does it get better with age?

I don't mind spending a few bucks on a new bottle every Fall, but at the same time there's no reason to waste it if it has a lengthy shelf life.

Savagevervet
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

not only should we be concerned how old it is, but exactly what is in the bottle. for $10 an ounce, it could turn honest people into crooks.
jay
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

all the scents are a gamble, but the fresher the better. Most of the yearly bottles scents are good for that year. I would use it up before the end of this season and you should be fine. If its doe estrus, it needs to go out asap :shock: :D
BigTiny

Post by BigTiny »

Urine is supposed to be sterile. What happens to it once it gets out of the deer could contaminate it, I don't imagine a doe pee farm maintaining sterility on their product. I don't know about the shelf life of the pheromone chemicals in it. I have more than I can use this year, so I'm considering freezing it until next year. If it works, I'll post it.
Brother Model 80
Automatic Needle Threader
Overcasting Foot with Side Cutter
80 Stitches
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I keep my bottles in the fridge.
My mom once discovered it when she visited...... she was mortified. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.