Intro

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

Welcome Tom. Now if you have a choice between vehicles on hitting more deer, please chose the truck. Hitting them with the bike just is not fun!
Keep smiling!
Dennis
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

Thanks for the welcome folks!
maple wrote:Welcome Tom. What part of Eastern Ontario?

Maple
Hi Maple;

I live in Orleans. I've had a camp on a lake in WMU 58 for 13 years or so where we do most of our hunting and fishing. I also hunt in 64B for those closer to home day trip hunts. But hunters seem to have ruined it there with the farmers. Almost everything is marked Private, No Trespassing, No Hunting. Even some public lands I used to hunt there are now marked. When I looked a while back, the OFAH had a joint website with the Farmers' Assn to link farmers and hunters together but that website has been closed down! I guess that's what happens when yahoo hunters keep destroying farmers' property, fail to ask permission etc. It's a real shame. It's unfortunate when respect, common sense and common courtesy are forgotten.
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

B-Logger wrote:Welcome Tom. Now if you have a choice between vehicles on hitting more deer, please chose the truck. Hitting them with the bike just is not fun!
You got that right! Hitting that 12 or so point buck was like hitting a brick wall. I and the bike rotated over his back and landed over on his other side and then slid down the road with my leg pinned under the bike. Meanwhile, the buck walked away. Lessons learned: Big bucks have the right of way and dusk, deer, corners, and motorcycles shouldn't mix.
GA.crossbowhunt

Post by GA.crossbowhunt »

welcome from se ga. now thats a reallyl good one shaking up with your wife.
excalibur phoenix
lumi-zone
sts system
acu draw 50
custom string by boo
groundpounders mount
cas custom bolts
100gr slick tricks
excalibur shooter for life
frisky

Post by frisky »

WELCOME!!
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
liaf

Post by liaf »

Welcome you are going to love that phoenix. BTW you will end up buying another x-cal by the end of 2009. I did and I am not even allowed to hunt with an x-bow in my state. :)
Vortex, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point --Phoenix, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point.
cdup

Post by cdup »

Welcome and congrats on your new toy! And YES, your addiction to hunting will get worst, but nothing wrong with that. :D
Respect everyone, but fear no one
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

Liaf: how did you know that? I've been trying to think of how I could swing getting a Vortex past the wife!

Cdup: that is not good news. It seems to be hereditary too. My son has his confirmation at church tomorrow afternoon but we've been thinking about how we can go from there straight to one of our hunting areas.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Better late than never, Welcome Tom! I had the fastest bike in Illinois once. A 1972 Kaw 750 'Blue Meanie', 40 mm Mikunis and a set of Wirges [local speed shop guru] pipes. I've slowed down quite a bit since then, cruise on an '04 Triumph Bonneville America now. Lifes a 'beach', as your mind grows up, [argueably]your body grows old, lol.
"Eze 18:21"
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Welcome, Tom! :D
Grizz
buzz

Post by buzz »

welcome Tom.
also live in eastern ontario, north of belleville. been hunting over 25 years approx.
compound bow shotgun and rifle.
Just bought my first crossbow last month and love it. Vortex.
I also take karate and ju-jitsu and been a black belt for over 2o years.
welcome again.