Shotgun needed

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Wabi, that was what I was thinking. The older 1100s with the 2&3/4" chamber and 26" barrel was a light and reliable gun that hardly kicked and that is why I was looking for one. Tyler does have an 870 express 20 with a turkey barrel but his arms are real short and he can't quite reach the fore stock to pump it without bringing it down. If I don't find an 1100 I may just get a vented rib barrel for the 20 ga and let him keep on pumping. BTW, I certainly would never entertain the idea of someone "giving" me a gun. Thanks for the replies.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
fogducker

Post by fogducker »

BTW, I certainly would never entertain the idea of someone "giving" me a gun
i would :lol:
if you dont stand behind our troops.
please feel free to stand in front of them
the elf

shotgun needed

Post by the elf »

Hi Ray---for now why don't you get Tyler another stock for his gun and shorten it in 2 steps and put the pieces back in as he grows. Lon--the elf.
Benu

Post by Benu »

fogducker wrote:
BTW, I certainly would never entertain the idea of someone "giving" me a gun
i would :lol:
So would I. :P :P

VixChix, when I saw your gun, I thought the arrow was edited in to point out some small amount of damage to the stock :lol:
Take it easy.

Jason

2008 Phoenix
Varizone Scope
bj

Post by bj »

raydaughety wrote: BTW, I certainly would never entertain the idea of someone "giving" me a gun. Thanks for the replies.
why not ?... :shock:
Long Trang

Post by Long Trang »

Last edited by Long Trang on Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Long Trang wrote: That way he can turkey, deer and burglar hunt all with the same gun
You've got a good point there Long Train.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

We don't shoot many slugs down this way Bob, mainly buckshot. Nothing beats a 30" full choked barrel with 00 Buck for whitetails in the thick brush down here :wink: .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

I have an 870 wingmaster.I love it. Have the fully rifled barrel, and the smooth bore slug barrel. The short barrels really punish you when shooting 3in slugs. I was going to get the Reminton 105 cti last month, but they have yet to come out with a slug barrel for it. If you know someone in your area with a gun like this maybe they'd let Tyler shot it to see if he likes a gun that kills at both ends! :D
Long Trang

Post by Long Trang »

Last edited by Long Trang on Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LondonDave

Post by LondonDave »

Mossberg 535 2 barrel combo (if you shot rifled slugs I'd say the 3 barrel combo). It lacks the prestige of an 870 Wingmaster but it's light (synthetic), shoots up to 3 1/2 inch, comes with 3 coke tubes plus the turkey choke on the turkey barrel. You can also use the other chokes on the turkey barrel with makes for a nice bush gun or youth gun. It'll take a beating and keep coming back for more. Best of all is the price. I think the 2 barrel combo sells for $300 and change US.

Dave
2007 Exomax
String by "Boo"
Bolts by "GREYWOLF" and "John"
Dan Miller quiver mount
Varizone Scope
Butler Creek and Excalibur scope caps